8.

"WANT US TO BE ALLIES

"WANT US TO BE ALLIES..."

---¤☆¤---

"Okay." I said, shaking his hand in agreement.

Letting go of his hand, I turn away from him and stare at the screen, looking at a new plant to study. But, I couldn't focus. I kept on hearing, "What you lack in strength, I lack in brains.", playing in my head. I knew that I could use a whip pretty well, and I could hold a knife. But, I couldn't kill anyone or throw it like the other kids. I knew the damage sports on a cow, just not a human. It wasn't the same thing.

"Should I try knives?" I ask, looking up to the older boy.

"Sure, it would hurt to know the basics. Just don't show off, like Klaudius said." He said, ruffling my hair.

"Okay, you study your plants." I said, nodding at him.

"Ha ha, real funny. Go on now." He said, shaking me off with a smile.

Smiling back at him, I cautiously walk over to the sidelines of a sparring station watching as trainers give out pointers. Standing on the sidelines, I watched Argus from Two, as I heard from the trainers, roll a knife between his fingers expertly. Rolling his eyes as the trainer, the trainer sends him a glare before crossing his arms over his chest.

"Good aim, make sure to follow through next time with your feet placement. Hesitation will get you killed." A trainer pipes in, as Argus nods his head in understanding.

Scanning the rack of foam weapons, I find hanging from it a silver dagger; a thick foam replacing the actual blade. Picking up the foam dagger, I toss it back and forth in my hands trying to get used to the feel of it. The handle was a mix of rubber and metal, an odd yet fitting combination.

It was heavy and nothing like my original choice of weapon, it was gonna be hard to adjust. Swinging it side to side, I frowned at the awkward heaviness from it; it was too new and fancy. The one I had in Ten had a wooden handle with a leather grip, it was worn down and easy to use; not new and shiny.

"I mean it, Argus. My advice is not meant to be taken likely. I know what it's like there. My advice can either save you or end with your demise." The trainer warns, making me look up.

Finding the boy from two wiping his brow, he nods his head mockingly as he fidgets with the end of a foam sword. Patting him on the back, the trainer brings his attention onto me making me shrink back; tucking the dagger back on the rack. Looking back at the trainer, he looks me up and down before approaching me and the rack of weapons.

"You're that girl from Ten, right?" He asks, standing at my side.

"Yeah." I said, tucking my hands behind my back. 

"Do you know how to use a knife?" He asks, pointing at the dagger I had just put back.

"I used it once. But, I⎯I'm not really used to this type of material either. My dagger is made of wood and leather, I'm not used to this fancy stuff." I ramble on, making the trainer nod his head in understanding.