16.

"I WILL SET YOU FREE

"I WILL SET YOU FREE..."

---¤☆¤---

DAY THREE, ELEVEN AM. THE BORDER OF THE MOUNTAINS.

She had survived this long. She could survive until the very end. Washing the berries that she had found, Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Mayfield couldn't be more tired. She was running off of a five minute nap and some sour bark beetles. She was drained but she was determined. She would win these Games. She was going to win. Sure, she hid most of the Games and avoided fighting like it was a deadly plague. But, she was going to win.

"Game plan. Eat. Hide until they die out." She whispers to herself.

Nodding her head in agreement, she scrubs away the dirt from the berries, putting her energy into doing something useful. It was the only thing she could do really. She wasn't fast. She wasn't strong. She was kinda smart. She didn't have any real skills that would keep her alive other than luck. Stepping away from the river, she steps on a large tree branch, letting out a loud crunching sound.

"Fuck." She whispers.

Flinching at the loud sound, her whole body curls up into a tight ball trying to make itself as small as possible. Shaking in fear, she pauses for a good second, waiting to see if anything nearby would come running to her. A second goes by. Then another. Another. Another. And another. Nothing. Letting out a breath, she didn't know she had been holding, her shoulders relaxed. Her nerves melted away. She's safe, for now.

"Idiot." She whispers, her voice wavering.

Peeking through her lashes, she finds that she is all alone, nothing but miles and miles of forest surrounding her. Uncurling herself, she straightens out her clothing with her right hand, her left still clutching the berries. Opening the palm of her hand, the berries were slightly crushed with some spilling out a sugar juice. But, they were still edible so it was fine. That's the only thing that mattered.

"You're gonna die, I'm gonna kill you." A voice chants, filling the quiet air.

"What the hell?" She whispers, the words spilling before she could stop them.

Freezing in place, the voice had gone dead silent and so had just about everything else in the Arena. It was like someone pressed the mute button. Turning her head, she found herself staring at the back of another tribute, the number ten printed on their sleeve. Choking on her breath at just how close he was, he turns his head to look at her. Eyes wide and a crazed look spread across him. It was that kid from training. Ares something.

"You're gonna die, I'm gonna kill you." He said, in a daze of sorts. 

Seeing the familiar face, every fiber in her little body screamed at her to run as far as she could. To get away from him. But, she stayed frozen. Staring at the towering boy with wide eyes, they were at the final three, they were expected to fight. But, she didn't have a weapon.