12.

"WAS THE MARVELOUS ATHENA GREY

"WAS THE MARVELOUS ATHENA GREY..."

---¤☆¤---

Where'd all the time go? The Reaping had been eight days ago. Today was the day of the Games, this was mostly likely the last time that I would probably be seen alive ever again. My final days. Minutes. Moments. Would be broadcasted all across Panem, while my mother would watch heartbroken miles away from me. I hated it. I hate how quickly the days have passed by. I hated that I didn't notice. I had stupidly enjoyed everyone's company. The Games slipping my mind.

"Athena." Pixie calls.

I don't respond. Glaring at my reflection, I wanted to rip off my outfit, no my 'uniform'. I hated it. I hated it. I was forced to wear a simple black t-shirt and olive green pants. The shirt that I was wearing was slightly thin, but still was warm and stuck to my skin tightly. The pants that Pixie had given me were extremely comfortable and fit snugly on me.

My shoes were a pair of thick leather boots that ended at my ankles. They felt slightly odd, but I guess it was because I wasn't used to it. Hopefully, I will get used to it soon. Then, finally pulling my look was a pair of grey socks with gold owls decorating them. I hated this. I wanted to go home. I gotta go home. I can't die. I can't die in there.

"I know you're upset, but we don't have much time." She whispers.

Turning to her, she held out a thick olive green jacket for me to take, that reminded me of the ones used in the sixty-third games. Long sleeves, a hood, with a hundred different pockets scattered around the jacket. Rubbing the fabric between my fingers, the outside of the coat felt like plastic while the inside felt as soft as a sheep's wool. In other circumstances, I would have loved the jacket. But, I was given this because of the Games.

"I know it's not much. But, I looked into the fabric of your jacket and pants. I would use that fabric for winter wear, so my guess is that the arena will be a forest of some kind, so expect some cold nights. Your shirt is thin, so you'll have to zip it up at night unless you get a sleeping bag." She explains, as I nod my head in understanding.

"Okay." I croak out.

"Those boots that you're wearing have a good gripping on the bottom, which means you might encounter a mountain or rocky area. Don't think that you won't have to climb or deal with a mountain, expect the unexpected." She said, pointing down at my boots.

"Okay. Anything else?" I ask, slipping the jacket on.

"Yeah. I want you to have this." She said, opening her hand.

In the middle of her palm, laying flat, was a small gold chain bracelet. It was simple. Nothing dramatic at all. I looked like something they would sell at the market back at home, not at the Capitol. Looking at it carefully, I noticed a single charm on it. Was that? It was an owl. Feeling my eyes water up at the sight of the owl, I noticed that it had two little red gems for eyes. It was beautiful. But was she sure?