12.

"SEE YOU AROUND, FINNICK

"SEE YOU AROUND, FINNICK..."

---¤☆¤---

Tell her. Tell her. Tell her. Tell her. Tell her the truth⎯No. NO. No. Chewing on her bottom lip hard, the longer she stared at Athena, the more the guilt bubbled inside of her. It was like a nasty infectious disease. Infecting her. Spreading all throughout her. Athena⎯She⎯That sweet little girl had a right to know why she asked her to keep her distance. She had every right to know, and that's what made it worse. That's what made her stomach bubble and heart clench.

Pulling her eyes away from the sulking girl, she picks at her bottom lip with her teeth. She wanted to tell her. But, it didn't feel safe doing here in the Capitol. Snow⎯He⎯Snow was everywhere you looked. On billboards. On posters. On your TV. On your magazines. He was in your home, listening to your every word and you were not even aware of it. He was somehow always mentioned in your conversations. Snow was everywhere.

"She has a right to know about the boy. If you're going to isolate her, at least tell her why." He mutters, making her hum.

"I know that." She whispers, turning to glare at Haymitch.

"Then why don't you do it already? You look really pathetic wallowing in your guilt, Pixie." He grumbles, making her scoff.

"Oh, hush! If you think I look sooo pathetic wallowing in my guilt why don't you do it Haymitch, hmm?" She argues, glaring daggers at the man.

"She's not my kid. You and baldie have to be the ones to do it." He argues, "You're the ones holding this back from her."

Shooting another icy glare at his words, she bites her tongue hard, trying hard to not argue back with him. He was a jerk, whether it be sober or drunk. Besides, there was no use arguing with him, it was a waste of energy. Crossing her arms over her chest, she looks him up and down in disgust, the stylist in her cringing at his choices. But, the human in her felt pity for the man. He was adorning a wrinkled stained dress shirt and black pants that have holes in them. He was a mess.

"I am not doing it to be cruel, I am doing it because it's not safe. You of all people should know what happens when you anger him." She spits, voice dripping in venom.

"Don't you dare⎯" He starts, but she cuts him off.

"She is fucking fourteen years old! There are already eyes on her! Offers have been made! All because they got bored of Finnick!" She sneers, her voice low and harsh. "I am doing everything I can to protect her! Don't you dare make me the villain here!"

He's quiet. But, she doesn't feel any kind of victory in it. Digging her nails into her arm, she silently stares him down, watching his reaction carefully. She didn't know what he'd do. He had a habit of being a wildcard. Gulping as he towers over her, his face is deathly calm, but his eyes are dark and fuming. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Maybe she shouldn't have blurted it out. Not like this.

Taking another step towards her, she cringes as he gets deadly close to her. He was capable of murder. She had watched him do for fuck's sake. But, after the games, she didn't really find Haymitch intimidating. Every public appearance he had made since winning he was stumbling over his feet, plastered drunk. But now, with him up close. He was the scariest man alive.

"What the fuck, did you just say?" He questions, voice deathly calm.

"Keep your voice down." She orders, through gritted teeth.

"Don't tell me⎯"

"Offers have been made. Just like with Finnick." She whispers, "Snow thinks she is of age. He's considering it. But, I've been trying to make her seem less desirable and more innocent."

"What?!" He shrills, earning a solid punch to the chest from her.

Groaning at the hard punch, he clutches his chest with his hand, rubbing the probably bruising part of his chest. Damn. For a Capitol woman, she packed a solid punch. Turning her eyes around frantically, fear fills her at the thought of someone hearing their conversation. She didn't want them to. Things would go horribly for her. Haymitch, he was protected. He was a Victor, Snow couldn't touch him directly. But, her? All he had to do was snap his fingers and she was a ghost.

"Shut your damn mouth! What part of 'keep your voice down' is not clicking up there, Haymitch?!" She hisses, "Either keep your voice down or shut up!"

"You're such a bitch!" He shouts, slamming his hands down the table.

"You are such a dick! It's no wonder no one likes you." She sneers, glaring at him.

Shooting her a deadly sneer, he shoves the table, the decor and glasses crashing down to floor in a loud crash. Staring him down, she silently watches as he storms away, making an even bigger scene than before. God, she was going to kill him when she got the chance. Turning her eyes to the crowd of onlookers, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. Walking away from the scene, Avox's swarm the remains of the table, frantically cleaning up the shards of glass and decorations.

"What is this all about?" A familiar voice questions, making her tense.

"Oh, Haymitch here is drunk out of his mind. You know how he gets." She lies, "Rude and crude. I tried to discuss more appropriate behavior, he flipped."

"Of course. It truly is a pity he turned out like this. I remember watching his games so vividly, he had so much potential. He could have made it far, such a shame." He states, tutting.

Yeah, sure. He had a lot of 'potential'. Clasping her hands together, she forces the most natural looking smile on her face, praying in the back of her head. All she had to do was lie her way out of this conversation. Be natural. Make it believable. Easy. Digging her nails into the palm of her hand, he's looking her up and down with narrowed eyes, like he was trying to figure out something. That wasn't good. That couldn't be good.

"Well, it has been a true honor to talk to you, President Snow. And I hope that we can talk another time." She lies again, "But, I should find Athena. We have to discuss with magazines about her posing for their covers."

"Hmm, is she adjusting well?" He questions,

"Yes, sir. I am just trying to keep that going." She nods, "Now, if you excuse me."

"Have a good night, Miss Trinket." He nods.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!