7.

"COME SIT

"COME SIT.."

---¤☆¤---

If Finnick wasn't so cute⎯and if Mags wasn't there⎯he'd have gotten punched in the face. Gripping onto the pillow tightly, she bit down on her tongue, holding back the snarky remark that was on the tip of her tongue. Her eye twitches as he continues to rant about how 'unfair it was for his hairstyles to style his hair that way'. How he didn't pick up the shift in energy in the room?

Sinking into the couch cushion, he continues to rant and rant away, totally oblivious to everyone around him. He was beautiful and funny at times, but he could be a dumbass. This was one of these times. Wincing as he doesn't stop to take a breath, her eyes shift to Mags, the old woman glaring daggers at him. But, he either doesn't pick up on it or he's ignoring her.

"I think I'm going to go back to my room." She pipes in, "I'll just leave you two to discuss the Games."

"What? No⎯" Finnick protests, but Mags cuts him off.

"That's okay, honey. If you want to go, go ahead." Mags smiles, "We won't stop you."

"But⎯No⎯You can't go! I still want to⎯Mags tell her." He stutters out, looking at Mags for help.

"No, Finnick. It's late and she should go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long and big day." Mags scolds, shooting him a look.

Sending Mags a weak but grateful smile, she felt the food in her stomach go up her throat, but thankfully nothing came out. She didn't want to throw up her dinner. Wiping the sweat off her hands on the pillow, her knee bounces up and down. 

Swallowing down the food in her throat, she takes a deep breath to keep herself grounded and calm, not wanting to trigger a panic attack. Dropping the pillow onto the couch, she stands up from the couch, her legs groaning after sitting down for so long.

"I⎯Thanks for having me over, Mags. It was nice talking to you, Finnick." Athena smiles, "I'll see you...tomorrow afternoon, maybe?"

"We'll see you. You take care now, honey. Get some rest." Mags smiles.

"I⎯um⎯bye, I guess.." Finnick whispers, a sad look on his face.

"Bye." Athena nods.

Walking to the elevator, which thankfully wasn't that far to begin with, she could faintly hear Mags cursing out Finnick. Staring out of the corner of her eye, she could see Mags slap him in the back of the head with a pillow, her finger trembling. Clicking on the button, the elevator dings as the quiet pings of the elevator going down to the floor fill in the silence.

Rocking on the heels of her feet, she tries to ignore the bickering when the doors ding open, saving her from the whispers. Thank all those above. She couldn't handle the hushed lecture. Letting out a tiny sigh, she rushes inside, keeping her eyes low. Pressing the button leading to her floor, she catches just the end of their conversation, peeking her interest.