Ka-Chow

chapter fourteen; Ka-Chow

"FAKES!" Chrysaor shouted. He glared at his 'men', the ones that had scrambled away from Piper and the others.

Piper had squirmed around, and most of it wasn't faked. She truly was terrified at those half men half dolphin. They weren't something you could get used to.

"Shut up, Percy Jackson. Your camp director is not here. He was recalled to Olympus. This is common knowledge."

Piper wanted to kiss Percy's beautiful brain that worked on specific occasions. These monsters were clearly scared of Mr. D, though Piper couldn't fathom why.

Mr. D wore ridiculous patterned clothing and could hardly move around with his gut in the way. Though she supposed if the wine god wanted to, he could change his appearance to something more fit, but it seemed he preferred his current form.

"So you admit Dionysus is our director!" Percy said in an 'ah-ha!' tone.

"He was. Everyone knows that."

Percy dramatically pointed to Chrysaor, "you see? We are doomed! If you don't believe me, let's check the ice chest."

He seemed to have no fear, because he strutted his way over to the ice chest. Everyone waited for what he was going to pull out.

Percy pulled out a can and flourished it at the dolphin men. "Behold! The god's chosen beverage!"
Piper turned to see both Hazel and Jinx's faces contorted into trying to hold in their laughter.
"Tremble before the horror of Diet Coke!"

The dolphin men looked at each other nervously, some even backed up all the way to the edge.

"The god will take your ship." He continued. "He will finish your transformation into dolphins, or make you insane." Piper took this as a sign to make an exaggerated cackle. "Or transform you into insane dolphins! Your only hope is to swim away now, quickly!"

"Ridiculous!" Chrysaor countered, his sword constantly changing from pointing at Percy and his crew.

"Save yourselves! It's too late for us!" The Percy gasped and pointed somewhere Piper had to twist to see. "Oh, no! Frank is turning into a crazy dolphin!"

There was an uncomfortable tension that settled upon them when Percy said that, but nothing happened. The dolphin men were anxiously looking at the spot.

"I said, Frank is turning into a crazy dolphin!"

Finally, the big guy stumbled into the spotlight, clawing at his throat and then his face. "Oh no." He said in the same way Jinx had. "I am turning into a crazy dolphin."

Piper decided then and there that Frank and Jinx would never make it in the movies industry. And Hazel was good enough to be an extra.
Percy, however, had a chance. He was so believable, she had trouble remembering that this wasn't real.

With Frank's incredible shape shifting skills, he turned himself into a dolphin, flopping on the deck. Jinx scooted away and Piper didn't blame her. Watching something like that made you feel a weird certain type of way.

Weapons dropped left and right as the dolphin men ignored all order, running in with each other as they tried to escape from Frank. They disregarded Chrysaor's orders and jumped overboard.

Annabeth moved towards the girls, quickly moving at cutting their bonds apart. Piper jumped up, glad that she was free.

Chrysaor backed up to the edge of the rail, "this isn't over, Jackson." He said. "I will have my revenge-"