frank and jinx, the duo

a/n: sorry if this is actually dog shit🙏🏻, haven't been feeling the vibe yk , enjoy it tho or else!

also lmk if there's any problems/issues

Jinx had been falling for five minutes.

She fell through the darkness, gripping onto the throne. She feared for her life and prayed this wouldn't kill her.

Jinx spent these five minutes cursing Khaos and praying to land upright.

She peaked down from her throne, seeing the slightest of light from the bottom. Khaos was sending her back. This was good of course, but on the other hand... Those ghosts were still there and they were still severely overwhelmed by the army of monsters.

"Piper!" Jinx heard Frank speak. His voice changed, he sounded more confident and sure of himself. "Counter those empousai! We need some chaos."

Jinx inhaled and exhaled. She was determined to help out, she owed it to them after passing out on them. She calmed her erratic heartbeat and focused. A clock tower's chime sounded faintly and Jinx knew it was working.

Jinx grinned. She was excited.

Once she landed, the battlefield was confused. Both sides paused for a minute, questioning what was happening.

Frank, slightly intimidated because she almost crushed him, snapped out of it first. "Jinx?"

"You're glowing blue!" Piper slapped a hand over her heart. "You scared the shit out of us. Where were you?"

Jinx stood on top of the throne, "long story, tell you guys later." She searched for Nico, waving at him. "Nico! Look!" She unsheathe her sword. "I got some upgrades on it."

Nico's, much to everyone's surprise, smile widened. "That's great," he laughed cheerfully.

"Jinx!" Jason shouted from across the pit. He was sweaty and tired, but relieved that a member of the team made it safely back. "How are you?"

"Better!" She cupped her hands to yell back, placing her sword between her legs. "Sorry about earlier."

He shook his head, slicing through a telkhine. "Don't worry about it."

Nico pointed at her with the staff, "nice throne, where'd you get it?"

Jinx rested her arm on it, "this thing? Khaos." She saw his confusion and waved away his worry, "I'll explain later. What's the situation?"

"Frank is praetor." Piper slapped a monster with an apple. "He's taken control of the legionnaires or whatever. They're on our side." She smiled, "We're glad you're back, space girl."

Jinx returned the smile. For once the nickname wasn't said as a backhanded compliment. The two might've had a bumpy relationship, seeing as they both wished each other declared dead in the earlier weeks. It was difficult to hate someone when going through life and death situations together.

Jinx picked up her sword and hopped off the throne. "Glad to be back."
And for once, she meant it.

Jinx di Angelo had turned a new page. She was no longer fighting alone or running away.

"Piper!" Frank nodded towards the empousai.

"Thought you'd never ask." Piper started catcalling at the female demons: "Your makeup is smeared! Your friend called you ugly! That one is making a face behind your back!" Soon the vampire ladies were too busy fighting one another to shout any commands.

The legionnaires moved forward, keeping up the pressure. They had to take the bridge before Jason got overwhelmed.

"Time to lead from the front," Frank decided. He raised his borrowed sword and called for a charge. He felt more assured that the daughter of primordial god was back and powerful.