into the darkness

-genuinely, i had so much fun writing this chap , i was literally giggling and kicking my feet ,, it's extra long too,, hope you guys have as much fun reading it as i did writing this

chapter 20; into the darkness

The walk to the throne took about twelve minutes. Jinx counted.

Sore feet, thighs screaming from pain, finally she reached the jeweled throne. She pondered who it could be and concluded with two people.

Jinx's eyes adjusted to the new light and she glanced at the person luxuriously seated.

"Took you forever." They said sarcastically.

"Twelve minutes." Jinx automatically responded. She did not have a clue who the person was in front of her.

"You counted?"

She nodded, analyzing him. His body was diagonally seated. Tall and muscular. Long black curls neatly put into a ponytail and it looked as if he was growing a beard. Jinx noticed his eyes following her every movement, even noting down her breathing pattern. His eyes, a shining blue that illuminated even the darkest of rooms, betrayed his causal and laid back demeanor. He was alert but confident in his abilities.

It was clear that the man in front of her did not consider her a threat, but gave her the benefit of the doubt.

"Who are you?" Jinx twirled her ring around her finger. She felt a little better knowing that her weapon was still with her.

He grins widely, showing his sharp teeth. He charged at her.

Jinx had little time to react, barely getting her weapon to unsheathe before colliding with his own sword. She stumbled back, clenching her jaw.

He backed off, walking around her in a circle. His sword dragged on the ground as he thoughtfully tapped his chin. He nodded to himself and began another assault.

Jinx immediately went on the defense. She loosened up when she figured out the man was not fighting seriously, but didn't drop her guard entirely.

They clashed swords for three minutes before he disarmed her. The sword Nico gifted her skidded to the side. The man stood there before dropping his own sword, but this time his didn't meet the ground. No, instead of the reasonable thing, the darkness swallowed it up.

Jinx gulped nervously. Despite everything inside of her telling to run the other way, she stood her ground. There were already far too many times that she had walked away, not this time.

Some would say that Jinx didn't know when to pick her fights, because anyone with eyes could tell this was not the one.

He walked closer and stood in front of her. The silence was unbearable. She was dying inside from awkwardness.

Then, he just dropped his hard stare and smiled. He spread his arms and squished her into a hug. "Say hi to papa!"

Jinx was flooded with two emotions. Confusion and disgust.

She shoved him away and dusted herself off.

"Papa?" She shook her head, "I mean it makes sense but I just didn't..." She rambled, occasionally nodding her head and frowning. "No way."

Her two assumptions before were either Gaea, finally coming to retrieve her, or worse. Khaos.

Khaos grinned. "What?" He ruffled Jinx's hair, "I made such a fine specimen."

She smacked away his hand. "Don't say that! It's weird." She glared. "Where did you bring me?"

Having Khaos whispering around in her mind had prepared her for this. He was still annoying, but his appearance was different than she had imagined.