Spatio-Chronokinesis

chapter three; Spatio-Chronokinesis

ANNABETH'S EYES widened in shock. She couldn't believe this girl had just appeared in front of her like nothing.

It explained a lot and nothing at the same time.

Percy stood, thinking she was a threat. But Annabeth knew better than that. She knew that a fight between Percy and Jinx would probably result in a never ending fight.

In fact she was surprised that Jason hadn't done anything, but he stayed in his chair and stared at nothing in particular.
He'a probably putting the pieces together.

Annabeth put a hand on Percy's arm, lowering it. He glanced at her, and with one look he put down the golden sword.

"I am so full." Jinx said.

Annabeth analyzed her. She didn't seem like much of a threat with a band sweater that was zipped halfway showing the black corset she was wearing.
If Hazel saw this...
The thought made her want to laugh.

She looked like the normal teenager.
But she's not, she reminded herself.

Annabeth looked for any weapons. They hadn't searched her earlier because Hazel said she was safe, and after Leo and Jason questioned her brother's loyalties, they decided to trust her judgment.

But if Jinx claimed to be who she said she was, it wouldn't matter. She'd be able to disarm them at any moment.

How many times has she pulled time around herself? A dark part of herself asked.

Annabeth glanced down at the jewelry she had, a skull ring.
Maybe one to match with her cousin?

But Hazel and Nico didn't have matching jewelry and they were half siblings.

"What can you do?" Annabeth finally asked.

Everyone seemed tense. They might've not known who she was, not like Annabeth did, but they felt the tension in the air.
Or maybe that's just the aerokinesis she inherited.

"Time manipulation." Jinx crunched on Lime Lays.
She had said she was full, but she continued to gorge herself on whatever she could. Which was anything.

Annabeth nodded, "that would explain you moving from over there to here. You stopped time?"

"Yup."

"Aer!" Jason stood up, palms slamming down on the table as if he just found the answer to hardest question in the world. "You're the daughter of Aer."

"Oh. Right, yes. I am the daughter of Khaos actually, but Aer is correct also."

Piper stared at her boyfriend , startled from the sudden movement from her side. "Who exactly is Aer? Or Chaos?"

"Not chaos, Khaos. More emphasis on the K." Jinx swung her legs back and forth.

Annabeth felt annoyed.
How could she be so calm and collected? She acted as if this was a casual tea conversation.

She was the daughter of the first primordial god and she acted as if it were nothing.

"Is that all you can do?" Frank asked. He had been close to trying to blend in with the walls, but his curiosity won his fear as it usually did.

"No."

Annabeth resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "what else?"

"Let's see. I can stop time, find places within it and travel. Time travel. I can warp time around me, so I could stand at a certain place in time as the rest of the world moves on." Jinx shrugged, "I just manipulate time. Like I said."

"So you can't do any of Khaos' other things."
Annabeth saw it.

She saw the hesitation in Jinx's answer. But she played it off, casually wrapping a finger around a curl.
"Nope. Just the ol' spatio-chronokinesis."

It was the way that Jinx said it that ticked Annabeth off. Like she wasn't the most powerful one here.
She wasn't even sure if Percy and Jason could take her together.

She was so put together. So sure of what she was saying. Nowadays, Annabeth second guessed herself. She needed Jinx's influence.

But she wasn't sure if she was one of the good ones or not.

Jinx prayed she wasn't sweating. She kept sending mental images of her sticking a stick up the gods' asses if she sweated.

Do the gods have buttholes? She attempted to block out the intrusive thought.

She was a nervous wreck. She hated being under Annabeth's scrutinizing gaze.
She was scary.

"Well," Leo said from behind her. "That's just the coolest thing ever. Can you show me?"

Jinx remembered her trip to the son of Ares' farm, when she convinced Nico to see how she could warp time.

Afterwards he spent three days throwing up whatever he had in his scrawny body. Normal people would have probably died from the pressure of different gravities, and the change of atmosphere.

At best demigods would be sick for a few days.
But this didn't seem like something worth sharing.

"One day." She said sarcastically.

He grinned, nodding and pulling something out of his toolbelt to work on.

Coach Hedge spoke after being quiet for so long she had almost forgotten that the faun wanted to kill her. He thudded his bat against the table.

"Okay." He said in some sort of trance.

Jinx pushed Leo's plate away, leaning back to whisper, "that faun doesn't want to kill me or anything... right?"

Leo's attention span couldn't comprehend why she was so close to him, or what she had asked him. He willed himself not to blush or do anything he normally would.

Jinx waited for an answer, but he only seemed to open and close his mouth.

"I'm not a faun! I'm a satyr!" He shouted.

"Coach..." Piper warned. "Take your bat off the table."

Annabeth clasped her hands together, in deep thought. "Let's just all go to bed. Leo, you know where to take us."
He nodded dutifully.

"Tomorrow Jason, Frank, and Leo will go to the museum. Hazel, Piper, and I will go check out where the ghost lady was at." Annabeth reluctantly turned to Jinx, Coach, and Percy.
"You guys'll stay here."

Coach puffed out his chest, "I'll watch her. Never let her go out of my sight." He promised.

Jinx rolled her eyes. Great, now I have a babysitter.

Percy and Annabeth conversed with each other through their eyes, however one could do that? Jinx had no idea.

"Okay, now let's get to bed. We've got a long day ahead of us."