enter the demigod- jinx di angelo

enjoy!

chapter 24; enter the demigod- Jinx di Angelo

Jinx knew they were close to Hazel and Leo. She shivered and kept her arm wrapped around Piper. The closer they got, the weirder Jinx felt.

"We're almost there." Nico grits his teeth, the sounds of a battle were loud enough for them to hear.

Time for you to make a scene.

Jinx's face contorted into confusion. Her father was always dropping mysterious bombs left and right, but they were usually given with time to decipher.

"What do you mean?" Jinx started to protest, ignoring the weird looks of her friends. "Khaos?"

"Jinx, what the fuck." Piper dropped her arm and took a step back. "What's going on?"

"Are you okay?" Jason reached out. "Jinx?"

Jinx looked at herself, not feeling or seeing anything. "What? What! You guys are freaking me out!" Their increasing panic made her start to panic. "Guys..."

"You're fading in and out!" Nico shouted, gesturing to her body. "Do you not feel it?"

"NO!"

Jinx was about to start shouting angrily along with confused tears when she felt the strongest punch in the world delt to her stomach. Her body folded like a lawn chair. She didn't have time to comprehend what was happening. Her friends' concerned shouts started to slow along with their actions.

Jinx's shout faded just as everyone's faces.

One second Jinx is being punched by air and the next she's being dumped into a mixture of monsters left and right. A total nightmare.

The next events seemed to have been sped up.

"What the fuck?" Jinx whispered, landing horribly on the ground. She felt the worst feeling of defeat. An overwhelming sense of fear.

Good luck.

If she could, Jinx would have killed Khaos in a million different ways.

"What just happened?"

You were punched by a time warp. You went back about a few minutes ago. You're welcome.

"Back in time?" Jinx clenched her teeth. Her eye twitched as she slowly rose to her feet, assessing the situation.

The clattering of a sword drop made her look for the noise. Tentatively, she turned, a new wave of fear engulfing her. Jinx quietly gasped, wondering why in the world she would ever thank her godly parent for this.

Right before her eyes stood the most powerful being she'd ever encountered. Khaos was scary, yes, but he was her father. She wasn't as scared when he showed his weird way of hospitality.

The monsters that surrounded her stayed quiet, awaiting the powerful being's orders. She was wondering why they hadn't attacked upon her arrival.

Jinx couldn't help but begin to tremble, despite that, she moved forward. She pushed aside the dumbstricken monsters and made her way to the front of the crowd. Khaos sent her back for a reason. He wasn't a dumb entity. There was a reason, something that Jinx wasn't seeing.

She just had to put on her thinking cap.

Jinx was terrified of looking at the thing ahead. It had no face, just a dark whirlpool.

She felt like vomiting the closer she got. Once Jinx was at the front of the crowd, she carefully drew her sword. She didn't want to ignite anything in the monsters beside her, but it would be foolish of her to attempt a battle with a being that could induce such fear.