Games

Warning: language

Charles Vane x reader

This is a short one but I think it's cute. Enjoy!

***

Charles Vane was a real pain in your arse. Since Flint, your captain, first took you to Nassau, he has been trying to seduce you so you'd ditch Flint for him. You hated the fact that he was objectifying you, that he just wanted to use you to piss Flint off. Truth is, if it wasn't for that, you would probably be fucking him. You can't deny the chemistry between the two of you. He flirts with you and you flirt back but never give him what he wants. You don't want him to win.

You sit at the tavern, a cup of rum in front of you, when Charles Vane enters the room. He immediately notices you and comes sit in front of you.

"What do you want?" you ask with a sigh.

"You know what I want," his deep, husky voice seductively says.

You roll your eyes and look away, not wanting to play that game today.

"Can I talk to you?" he asks.

"We're already talking," you sarcastically answer.

"I mean in private."

You frown as you notice he's being serious. He gets up and offers you his hand. You stand up as well, ignoring it and you silently tell him to lead the way. He chuckles slightly, shaking his head, before you both leave the tavern.

***

"What did you want to talk about?" you ask once you're in Vane's tent, back on the beach.

"Us," he whispers, not facing you as he pours some rum in two cups.

You sigh, annoyed. "Is this a joke?"

"It's not," he says, turning around and handing you a cup.

You take it and he gestures to the seat. You sit on the couch and he sits on a chair in front of it. He takes a deep breath as he plays with the handle of his cup.

"I'm tired," he starts, looking back into your eyes. "I'm tired of this game. I want to tell you the truth about how I feel because I can't spend another second without you."

You raise your brows, wondering what he is talking about.

"I like you, (Y/N). A lot. I tried to deny it, but I couldn't, that's why I pretended I only wanted you to piss Flint off," he explains.

"Charles," you whisper, turning your head away.

"I know, I know," he cuts you off. "You can't trust me. But I just wanted you to know that, because from now on, I'm going to do everything to prove it and to be with you. For real."

You take a deep breath. Of course, you like him too, but you don't know if what he says is the truth or just another game.

"I'll show you how I really feel, and I hope that someday, you'll realise it's all true."

***

Hope you guys like it!