Deal - Part two

Warning: none yet, be patient

Charles Vane x reader

***

It has been a few months, and your little arrangement with Vane was working quite well. He would bring the prizes and you would get your twenty percent off it. Your relationship evolved as well; you two haven't really spoken together before your first 'meeting', and now, you're basically acting like old friends. Eleanor Guthrie even knows about it. It was kind of obvious: Charles Vane coming back with prizes from leads she gave (Y/N) (Y/L/N). Not to mention the amount of time you spent together. You were surprised she didn't do anything about it though. After all, you were taking information and selling it back; that's basically her job. Plus, you're doing that with her little puppet, so... Strangely, Charles didn't seem as spellbound by miss Guthrie as he was before.

"We need to talk," Vane announces as he enters your tent without any permission.

"Hello to you too, Charles, how are you today?" you sarcastically ask without even lifting your head up to look at him.

"Guthrie is plotting something."

Your head shots right up. "What are you talking about?"

"I don't know what it is, but she's planning something, I'm sure of it."

You frown, watching him act like a crazy person. "Okay, calm down." You get up and go to him, taking his strong shoulders to make him seat and you begin to massage him. "What is going on?"

"I've seen her, talking to all the captains of the island, except for the two of us."

You take a deep breath.

"She's planning something."

You stop your calming ritual and seat next to him.

"What are we gonna do?" he asks, worry in his voice and eyes.

"We're not gonna let her win," you whisper, looking at nothing. "Let's recap," you say, looking back at him. "You two were fucking and both got something out of it. Then when you stopped, she stopped providing you with intelligence. You came to me, someone whom she has never liked, asking me to give you her leads and take a part of the money. Am I missing something?"

"We became friends."

"Yes."

You suddenly look away, realising just now that you and Charles are actually friends. And you like it.

"Are you saying I should start fucking her again?" Charles jokes with a scoff.

"She hates me. And she hates you for being my ally and friend," you realise. "I was wondering why she didn't do something about it, but that is exactly what she's doing. She's just taking her time to make sure she has everyone on her side..."

"Like she did with..." he doesn't finish his sentence but you know he's talking about his old mentor.

You slowly nod, looking for ideas to get you out of this.

"What if we do what she's doing?" Charles asks and you give him your interrogative look, letting him go on. "We convince people to be on our side. I mean, they fear the both of us as much as they fear her. But our advantage is we are allies."

"You're right," you whisper and look straight into his eyes. "We're gonna take Nassau."

***

Hope you guys like it!