Deal - Part one

Warning: none yet

Charles Vane x reader

***

"How was miss Guthrie?" your quarter master ironically asks you.

"Still hates my guts," you joke back.

Since you first arrived in Nassau, Eleanor Guthrie had always felt threatened by you. Another woman with power is not really great for her business. You are the only pirate captain woman here. Still, even though you don't like her either, you need her to sell your merchandise.

You go back to your tent, ready to plan your next trip. Guthrie will probably give you another lead soon, so you have to be ready. You focus on the supplies you're going to need, look at maps you already know by heart, think about what would improve your crew function. You were so lost in your thought you didn't hear the footsteps approaching. You lift your head up as your quarter master enters your tent.

"What is it?" you ask.

"Captain Vane wants to see you."

You frown slightly, wondering what on earth would he want from you.

"What does he want?"

"No idea," he answers.

You sigh and lean back. "Let him come in."

He nods and exits the tent. Seconds later, Charles Vane is in front of you. You stay on your chair as he approaches and takes a seat in front of you. He takes his time, his ocean blue eyes scanning you. You lift one of your eyebrows and he finally talks.

"I need your help," his deep, husky voice says.

This time, you frown, letting him continue.

"Miss Guthrie and I... Let's just say we have some problems. She won't provide me with any intelligence."

"And why is that my problem?" you ask, a hint of irony in your voice.

You know Charles Vane and Eleanor Guthrie have been fucking for years. You don't know the details of their relationship, but it annoys you. Vane uses it to obtain good leads that others fight to have, as well as a feared reputation and Guthrie uses it to keep control of Nassau.

"I need you to provide me the leads she denies me," he simply says.

You scoff. "How and why would I do that?"

"You give me some of the leads she gives you and in exchange, you'll have a part of the money."

You tilt your head on the side, kind of interested. "Why shouldn't I keep those for me and take all the money?"

"Because if you help me, you'll have money without even lifting a finger."

You lean forward, placing your elbows on the table and your head on your hands. "How much?"

"Five percent."

You laugh and look away. "You should leave," you say, not interested any more.

"Ten."

You squint your eyes. "Forty."

"Are you kidding me? I already have to give a part to miss Guthrie and my crew must be paid!" he exclaims, getting angry.

You look at him numbly, not letting his little outburst affects you.

"Fifteen," he says.

"Thirty," you reply.

He was about to get mad again but keeps his calm.

"Twenty. That's my final offer."

You look him in his ocean blue eyes, a small smile playing on your lips. "Deal."

He stands up and offers you his hand. You stand as well and shake it. He doesn't let go of your hand at first, letting the contact last some seconds, before finally releasing it.

"She's probably gonna give me one soon. I'll give it to you," you say, sitting back on your chair, focusing on the papers in front of you.

"Thank you."

You never thought you would hear Charles Vane thanking you. Thanking anyone as a matter of fact, but you don't show anything and keep focusing on your maps. He turns and exits the room. You lean back in your chair, thinking of what just happened, and how this new alliance is going to evolve.

***

Hope you guys like it!