~Chapter Thirty~

I woke up to the sound of beeping. My body felt weak, my eyes were droopy and my head was heavy. I slowly opened my eyes and I could make out a person standing in front of the bed I was lying in, pacing back and forth.

"Corbyn?" I said groggily with a small moan.

"Oh my god Emma! Jonah, get the doctor," Corbyn said, his eyes going wide when he saw I was awake. "Thank god you're ok"

"What even happened?" I questioned, trying to sit up but struggling.

"You were shot, by Jeremy" he said, sitting down on the chair next to the bed taking my hand in his.

I had a slight recollection of what happened, but not that much. "Oscar? Where's Oscar?"

"He's back at home with Jennifer and Mike. They said they would stop by when you're awake and feeling better," Corbyn said.

"Ok" I let out a soft sigh. "Who's here currently?"

"Me, Amelia and the boys. They're all sitting outside"

There was a slight knock at the door, dragging my attention away from Corbyn. The doctor walked in, with Jonah behind him.

"Hey Emma, how are you feeling?" the doctor questioned.

"I'm doing alright, a bit sore but I'm sure that'll go away" I stated.

"Yes it will," he laughed softly. "So, we were able to retrieve the bullet from your chest through surgery. So in a couple weeks, you should be feeling like your old self again. You'll be able to leave tomorrow afternoon"

"That sounds great" I said with a small smile.

"I'll be back later to do some more tests. Come get me if you have any questions or concerns" the doctor said then walked out of the room.

"I want to go see Oscar when we leave" I said, turning my head to Corbyn.

"Sure" he smiled. "We can do that"

It went silent for a bit, but it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. It was pleasant, and peaceful.

"Hey" I looked at Corbyn. "I'm really sorry for dragging you and everyone else into this mess. It was something that I should've figured out by myself. There was no need to put you all in danger"

"Hey, hey. This is not your fault. Jeremy is a terrible person and it's his fault that we were in this mess. But I'm sure that if you went and spoke to any one of those boys outside they would thank you for letting us help you"

"And why's that?" I asked.

"Because it gave us a change from the normal, writing music, making music, touring and meeting fans' lives. Like yes, we love that but this was something different and exciting. I'm just glad that everything ended up ok"

"Yeah..." I sighed softly. "I love you too by the way"

Corbyn's eyes shot up and he looked at me. "Really?"

"Yes you idiot. Of course I love you" I laughed.

He leaned over and gave me a kiss. "God, I love you"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm really sorry that my uploading for this story was all over the place. This is the end of 'Unknown' and I hope that you guys liked it, even though I was terrible at updating.

I hope you're all doing well. Please feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to!!

Vote

Follow

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this :)