~Chapter Nine~

Emma's POV

After my whole incident with drugs and alcohol, when I started going to rehab they suggested doing something that would take my mind off everything. I decided to try and exercise which worked really well. Sometimes I'll go to the gym, but I actually prefer running.

It was now around 7am and I ended my conversation with Corbyn and got changed into my running clothes. I changed into a pair of tights, a sports bra, as well as a tank top to cover my stomach. I don't like people seeing my stomach, it just makes me uncomfortable.

Once I was changed, I grabbed my headphones and my phone, plugging them in. I then put my phone in my pocket and walked out of my apartment building, then started running.

I push myself harder and harder every time I run, but today was a calming day. I used to push myself beyond my limits and ended up being sick afterwards just so that I could lose weight. That, mixed with drugs and alcohol being my diet made me really sick and incredibly skinny. Now that my diet is fixed, my body looks so much better, but I kept up the exercise because it was my calming method.

I didn't realise how far I had actually ran because when I took in my surroundings, I realised that I was in the park. I took a deep breath, breathing in all the different smells. It included the smells of the flowers, the sweat coming off people from running, perfume and cologne, and the food from the food stand.

I then started up my pace again and kept running. I did a few laps around the field that was there and then decided that I was going to head home.

Even though my music was turned up quite loudly, I was still able to hear the screams of a young child. I looked over my shoulder and saw that a little girl had fallen over. I was about to stop and go over and make sure she was ok, but her mum was at her side quite quickly.

Because my attention was taken away from what was in front of me, when I turned around I quickly felt myself fall and hit the ground. I looked up and realised that I had accidentally run into someone. Great, now I have to talk to someone.

"I'm so sorry" I mumbled. "I wasn't watching where I was going"

"Nah, you're all good" a soft male voice said.

He lent his hand out for me and pulled me up. I got a closer look at him now. He had blonde hair that was done by highlights, he had blue eyes as well as some freckles scattered across his face. Wait, he looks familiar?

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, it didn't hurt I promise" he said with a cute little laugh. "Are you ok?"

"I might have a couple bruises on my legs, but other than that I'll be ok" I smiled.

Why am I still talking to him? Normally by now I would've turned around and walked away. Why do I have the urge to continue this conversation?

"You look familiar," I said with a questioning look.

"ok, where do you think you know me from?" he asked with a smirk.

I stood there examining his face for a bit, trying to think of where I'd seen him. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Corbyn" he smiled.

Corbyn? That's the third time I've heard that name this week. Wait!

"Oh my god, are you a part of a boy band?" I asked. "I forgot the name"

"Yeah" he smiled. "Guessing you're not a fan if you don't know our name?"

"Gonna be honest, not really" I laughed and he did too. "I am going to your concert tomorrow night though" I shrugged.

"Really? That's awesome!" he exclaimed.

"My friends like obsessed with you guys and is dragging me to your concert with her. Mosh pit and everything"

"Well I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you..."

"Emma, my name's Emma" I stuck my hand out for him to shake.

I just told a random stranger my name! He's even a celebrity! What is going on?

"Well it's nice to meet you Emma" he smiled, shaking my hand.

We stood there in silence for a couple seconds. Surprisingly it wasn't awkward, it was really comfortable silence.

"Well, I better get going. I guess I'll see you tomorrow" I said.

"You will indeed" he smiled. "Hope you enjoy the show"

"I hope so too. Bye Corbyn" I waved. He waved back and we both turned our opposite directions and left.

Something about him was different, I don't know what it was. For some reason I just opened up in front of him and was completely fine with it. There was this weird connection that I felt when talking to him. I wonder if he felt it too? No, he wouldn't have, he's a celebrity and he's used to talking to people all the time. Especially girls.

Corbyn's POV

I don't know who she was, but there was this weird connection between us. I talk to people, mainly girls, all the time, but this was different. Did she feel it too? Or am I imagining things?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

Follow

Share