~Chapter Seventeen~

Emma's POV

"My early teen years were incredibly difficult. I mixed with the wrong crowd and ended up doing drugs, alcohol, you name it and I've done it. I had sex with a lot of people and didn't care if I ended up pregnant because of it, I was convinced that nothing could make my life worse than it already was" I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"This started because I was put into foster care when I was a baby. I got passed around from family to family because no one wanted me. The older I got, the more troubled and harder to look after I became. The Mitchell family took me in last and I still keep in touch with them, but I haven't reached out in months. They probably think that I'm out somewhere drinking and doing drugs"

"I'm sure they don't," Corbyn said, rubbing my back.

"I wouldn't be surprised. That's all I ever did, it was my coping mechanism" I rolled my eyes, knowing that I was incredibly stupid.

"What made you stop? Why did you choose to become sober?" he asked, genuinely invested in the conversation.

"Amelia" I stated.

"She was the same as you?" he asked, I nodded. "I never would've thought..."

"She was worse than me, didn't think that was possible but it was" I let out a small laugh. "She got so addicted and didn't know where to stop. One day she overdosed, almost killing herself. That was the day that my eyes widened and I really realised the side effects of what I was doing. Since then, Amelia and I decided that we were going to become sober and not touch that stuff again"

"And you guys have stuck to that?" he asks.

"Yep" I said, popping the p. "Haven't touched a single thing since that day"

I was so proud of Amelia and I for making this progress. It's difficult to come out of these things, and luckily for us, we did.

"We went to rehab for a while and that was really helpful, and now we're stronger than ever" I gave him a small smile.

"Then why are you crying?" he asked, trying to calm me down a little.

"Your fans found out who I was, they only know my name and instagram at this stage, but I'm worried what they'll be able to find in days, weeks, months even"

"Is that why you're crying? Emma..." his eyes softened, feeling sorry and sympathy for me. I hate that look.

"That's not it" I cleared my throat. "There's a girl in rehab at the moment that's a fan of yours. She found the picture of me and recognised my name but still hasn't made the connection. One of the ladies that works there, Bec, treated me when I was a patient and rang me about it"

"Why would she be ringing? They're just fans, why would it be a concern?" Corbyn asked. He removed his arm from around me and moved, so he was now facing me.

"She's worried that I'll fall down that path again. Amelia might be stronger than me and push through it, but it's incredibly easy to set me off. I've been strong for ages now, but if the hate gets any worse-"

He cut me off. "Hate? You're already receiving hate?"

I could see that he was worried. He knew where this conversation was going. You could tell that he cared and he wanted to make sure that I was going to be ok.

"Corbyn, I'll be ok. As long as I'm with Amelia, everything will be ok" I smiled. "I've been sober for a while, it'll take a while before their comments get to me"

"If something happens, you need to make sure to tell me. Ok?" he said sternly.

"Why does that even matter to you though? I'm nothing to you, just a girl that you met through a wrong number" I shrugged.

"Because you mean so much more to me Emma. So much more than you think..."

He started leaning in and before I could move, his lips connected to mine. Instead of pulling away, I kissed back. It was a short and sweet kiss, but his point was given. I understand now.

We pulled away and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm never leaving. I'll always be here for you"

"Thank you" I whispered and rested my head on his. Maybe everything will be ok.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss all your comments :( 

Let me know how you all are :)

Vote

Follow

Share