~Chapter Ten~

Corbyn's POV

Today was the day of the concert. The boys and I did sound check about 30 minutes ago and we are now getting ready for limelight.

I've been sitting in the green room anxiously for the past 10 minutes, waiting for the boys.

"You're ready quickly," Jonah said, shocked, walking into the room. "Before me"

"Yeah, I guess I got up earlier this morning so I was ready" I shrugged, hoping that he couldn't see how nervous I was.

"Why are you so nervous?" he asked.

Damn. Why does he have to be able to read me so easily?

"Just nervous for the show"

"That's not it," he said and sat down next to me. "What is it?"

Before I could answer him, my phone buzzed. It was a message from E.

Emma: Hey so, my friends already talking about the show, so I might just have to take your offer up for hanging out afterwards

Corbyn: Yeah that works. Where would you like to meet?

Emma: Outside the venue?

"Corbyn, explain" Jonah stated. I looked at him and he was giving me a concerned look.

"Do you remember the girl that I was messaging a few days ago?" I asked.

"E?" he questioned.

"Yeah, her. Well it turns out that she's going to the show tonight and we're going to meet up after the show..."

"Wait, what! Corbyn, what if she's a crazy fan?" Jonah asked.

"I swear she's not. She's so shy and to herself that I think that it's completely out of her comfort zone to be doing this" I defended. "She doesn't even really know who we are, her friends like us and she's being dragged here"

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"She told me," I said. "And before you say anything, I trust her"

Jonah sighed. "Where are you meeting her? And why are you so nervous?"

"Not sure yet" I shrugged.

"What about bringing her backstage afterwards? Or maybe the bus?"

"I can't" I shook my head and he gave me a questioning look. "I haven't told her that I'm actually the Corbyn from the band"

Jonah's face instantly dropped and he looked disappointed in me. "Corbyn..."

"I know, I know. I really need to tell her. I just haven't had the opportunity" I put my hands up in defence.

"You obviously have, otherwise you wouldn't be this nervous" he stated.

I sighed. "Her friend kind of guessing that it was me and made her ask. I told her that it wasn't me because I wasn't thinking. Now I'm in this situation and I don't know what to do"

I looked down at the ground, fiddling with my fingers.

"I think that you should tell her. If you can't do it before the show, tell her afterwards. Especially if you're meeting her afterwards. I'm sure she'll be fine with it" Jonah said.

"But she's different Jonah. She's sensitive and something has affected her in so many ways that she can shut people out"

"You can tell this just by messaging her?" he asked.

"Yeah...like I said, she's different. I don't want to ruin something that could be a great friendship"

"Are you finally getting over Christina?" Daniel asked, walking into the green room, stopping at the mirror to check his hair.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Jonah. "Just call her after the show and then you can bring her back stage quietly"

I nodded and picked up my phone, texting her back.

Corbyn: I'll call you after the show and we can find a spot then

Emma: Yeah that works

Emma: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually excited to meet you

Corbyn: Yeah, me too :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

Follow

Share