XIV

THERE'S NO BETTER time in getting answers from someone than catching the guy you want answers from

THERE'S NO BETTER time in getting answers from someone than catching the guy you want answers from. Oliver smiled to herself as she recited the sentence in her head. She was currently piloting the quinjet with Natasha seated next to her. Steve was assisting them, him being the person who was going to fight Loki.

As they arrived at the location Loki was in, he was in the process of about to kill a man. Steve quickly jumped in front, the beam of light hitting the shield then bouncing back, hitting Loki, causing him to fall face flat onto the ground.

Cap stood up, "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

Loki slowly stood up.

"The soldier," he laughed, "The man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time," he stated simply.

Just then, the quinjet came in behind Cap at a safe distance.

Oliver unloaded the weapon and turned on the PA so she was heard, "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

Loki looked at Cap, annoyed, "Did you really have to bring her?"

The blonde tilted his head, "What?"

"Sorry, Ollie," he muttered under his breath before aiming the spear at the jet.

Both Natasha and Oliver quickly dodged the beam right before Steve threw the shield at Loki, causing him to slightly stumble. Steve caught the shield as he made his way to Loki, hitting him in the face. Loki took the hit right before he retaliated, starting to fight Steve fully.

At one moment he did knock Steve down, but it didn't stop him from fighting. He threw the shield at Loki who dodged it, but he continued fighting the god anyway.