XXVII

WELL THAT WAS a shit show

WELL THAT WAS a shit show. The team had just had their encounter with 'Ultron', as he called himself. He had been telling the Avengers about how they would never be able to protect the world if they didn't allow it to change. Said there was only one way to peace which was the Avengers' extinction.

Thor had had enough by then so he threw mjolnir at the last robot standing, which was Ultron. It powered down, not before it started singing a song, foreign to Olivia's ears.

Currently everyone was in the lab where Bruce and Tony had created Ultron, discussing what happened and coming up with a plan.

"All of our work is gone," Bruce solemnly said, "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron," Steve muttered the name under his breath.

"He's been in everything," Natasha folded her arms, "Files, surveillance."

Olivia sighed, "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Rhodey stood up, walking around the room as he held his arm, "He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decided to access something a little more... exciting?"

Maria's head snapped up, "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes," Rhodey repeated, agreeing, "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes?" Natasha questioned, "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say 'dead,'" Steve nearly cut her off, "He said 'extinct.'"

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint added.

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows, "I thought there wasn't anybody else in the building."

Maria nodded, agreeing.

"Yes, there was," he clicked a button on his remote, revealing what seemed to be Jarvis... destroyed.