XLIV

HE'S BACK

HE'S BACK. He's finally back. It was truly a miracle Carol Danvers found Tony. If not, he's be dead.

Well, from the state he was currently in, he looks nearly dead.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth," Rhodey started as pictures of all the people on the Avengers who dusted were shown.

"World governments are in pieces," Natasha continued, "The parts that are still working... are trying to take a census and it looks like he did..."

Olivia sighed as she looked at Tony who's heart broke when he saw a picture of the kid he lost.

"He did exactly what he said he was gonna do," Natasha resumed, "Thanos wiped out... 50% of all living creatures."

"Where is he now?" Tony questioned, "Where?"

"We don't know," Steve answered as he leaned on a table, his arms folded.

"He just opened a portal and walked through," Olivia said as she placed her head in her hand, "Just like he did when he killed..."

Olivia raised her head up, clearing her throat as she ignored the looks of sympathy she got.

"We don't know where he is."

Tony sighed as he slightly moved his wheel chair. He then turned his head, catching sight of Thor who stared at the floor.

Tony pointed, "What's wrong with him?"

"Oh, he's pissed," Rocket answered, "He thinks he failed. Which, of course, he did... but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear."

"Maybe I am."