XXV

AS THE TWO days passed by quickly, Fury approved Olivia to go on the mission with the rest of the Avengers after getting over his initial shock

AS THE TWO days passed by quickly, Fury approved Olivia to go on the mission with the rest of the Avengers after getting over his initial shock. She was still apart of the team, after all. So, instead of the known six Avengers, there were now seven.

That's how it originally was supposed to be, anyway.

Their mission was in Sokovia where they would be attacking a HYDRA base, led by someone named Baron von Strucker. Olivia payed no attention after his name, not really caring about the details.

Instead, she stole glances at Natasha while fiddling with her wedding ring. Seemed like the redhead did the same thing, Olivia suspecting when their eyes met at one point.

Both women looked away immediately, a noticeable blush growing on their faces.

They still hadn't talked about their argument, or even talked at all. They avoided each other, and of course everyone caught on quickly. Thor, Tony and Clint always tried to ask questions or even manipulate Olivia into admitting she had "feelings" for Nat... whatever that means.

But Olivia could never have feelings for her. She hated Nat. She was annoying, bossy, and hypersensitive. No way could she ever like her— she couldn't even tolerate the redhead. Even when she spoke, the blonde grew irritated quickly and tried her best not to storm out the room they were in.

"Can we talk?" Natasha asked as she stood back-to-back with Olivia, severely injuring HYRDA agents that came to attack them. They were outside, attacking the HYDRA base.

"Can we not do this right now?!" Olivia retorted as she threw her swords with perfect aim.

"Well, you wouldn't talk to me anywhere else, so this seemed like the only appropriate time!" Natasha punched and kicked more HYDRA workers. Not looking to the right of her, Natasha almost got stabbed by one until Olivia quickly retrieved her sword with the force in her veins, stabbing the worker before he could stab Nat.