sixteen

TRIS

The gang decided to go off campus for lunch today, so we're driving to Chick-Fil-A. Although Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn are sophomores and technically not allowed to go off campus for lunch, none of the teachers or administrators enforce that rule, so they're coming with us anyway.

Once the bell rings, Zeke and I head out to my car to meet the gang. They all walk out in small groups, and I chat with Chris, Mar, and Lynn about our game tonight against Candor High. Tobias and Shauna are last since they were clear across the school, Tobias takes his sweet time, sauntering towards me lazily.

Cupping my hands around my mouth to emphasize the sound, I shout, "Get your ass over here, Eaton!" At that he picks up his pace and I grin when he finally reaches me, putting his hands on my waist and pressing his lips to mine. I snake my arms around his neck, happily leaning into the kiss. Suddenly, a wad of paper hits me in the head, so I pull away from the kiss and turn to look at the culprit.

Uriah just shrugs, "No PDA." Classic Uri. After that, Tobias, Zeke, Shauna, and I climb into my Jeep, and the rest pile into Will's car. On the way, I get stopped at a red light, so I tap my thumb on my steering wheel to the rhythm of the song playing on the radio.

"T!" Zeke hollers from the backseat. Alarmed, I look into the rear view mirror at him.

"Yeah, Z?" I ask with my thumb still rapping on the wheel.

"What do S, H, O, and P spell?"

I quickly look to Tobias, and he just laughs. "Um, shop?" I answer, more like a question.

"Okay, then what do you do at a green light?" Zeke continues and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Stop," I say confidently, smiling as I glance back at Zeke in the mirror. The three people in my car erupt into laughter as the light turns green. For a second, I'm puzzled, until I lower my foot onto the gas and the lightbulb goes off. "Go! It's go! Final answer!" I giggle.

In the few extra minutes is takes to get to Chick-Fil-A, our laughter has died down and we jam out to the music on the radio. It takes a little over ten minutes for all of us to get our food once we get there and order, and the nine of us take up two booths when we all sit down. Tobias's arm hangs over my shoulders as I lean into his side. I look over to Tobias, taking a drink from my Coke, and he smiles at me after he pops a fry in his mouth. He leans over and presses a kiss to my temple. Commotion erupts across the table as Uriah slides down into his seat at the booth next to ours.

Tobias and I both stare at Zeke and Shauna quizzically, and Zeke looks like he's about to explode.

"Zeke doesn't share food!" he booms, and Uriah just cackles in his seat behind Zeke. I've haven't seen Zeke so angry before, but I can see why Uriah is doubled over in laughter.
+ + + + +
That night after our win against Candor High, Tobias came back to my house with me. My parents went out for dinner with Caleb, and I didn't go because I told them I had homework to do. Ha, homework. It's been an hour since we got back and all we've done is make out the whole time. Tobias has his back on the bed, so I'm laying on top of him, my legs straddling his torso. My fingers run through his hair as one of his hands is planted on my waist and the other in the crook of my neck.

"Mm," I interrupt, pulling away for just a second. Tobias immediately goes back in for a kiss, but I cover his lips with my fingers. "Babe my parents are gonna be home soon," I tell him.

"So?" he asks, trying to press his lips to mine again.

"So, I didn't tell them you'd be here. They think I'm doing homework."

He just wraps both arms around my waist, not letting me go anywhere.

"Just five more minutes," Tobias pleads, giving me puppy-dog eyes. I concede, not being able to withstand the adorableness of his deep blue eyes. So his hands go to the back of my head as we begin to make out again.

Tobias sits up so now my legs are wrapped around his body and my arms snake around his neck. His lips move to my neck and he makes me laugh when he kisses just under my jaw. I cup his face with my hand and lean in to kiss him again as he lays back onto the bed again.

Tobias's hand sneaks under the hem of my shirt and tugs at it, wanting to take it off, but I shake my head. So his hand slides up and down my back instead, resting on my waist. The feeling of his fingers against my skin sends fireworks through my body.

I'm so caught up in Tobias and his lips and his fingers that it's not until I hear my brother bound up the stairs that I realize my family is home. I quickly pull away from Tobias, but it's too late. Caleb stands in my doorway, and I know he knows that it's not homework that I've been doing for the past three hours.

I leap from my bed, pulling Tobias with me and push him towards my window, just as Caleb shouts, "Mom!"

Tobias squeezes through my window out onto the roof, giving me one last kiss before he climbs down. At this point I can hear both my mom and dad's footsteps up the stairs and I back to my bed, pulling notebooks from my backpack on the way.

"Caleb don't say a word! I swear to God I will kick your ass, keep your mouth shut!" I whisper to him.

"What are you going to do for me?" he asks. God why does he always want something? It takes longer than I'd like for me to come up with something so Caleb whispers to me again. "Better hurry up, little sister. They're coming."

Finally, I come up with something, "I won't prank you for the next week," I offer.

Caleb, of course, negotiates, "Month."

"No! Caleb, one week!" I whisper.

"Tris, they're at the top of the stairs," he replies.

"Fine!" I give in, "No pranks for the next month."

Mom and Dad then reach my door, and Mom walks in, heading towards my bed.

"Hey, Bea," she says, pressing a kiss to my head when she reaches me.

"Hey, Mom," I respond.

"Get all your work done?" she asks, nodding at the notebooks on my lap.

"Uh huh, I got a lot done actually," I say, looking to Caleb for a second, making sure he won't say anything. He just turns as goes to his room.

Mom runs her fingers through my hair. "Okay, not too much longer tonight, sweetheart. You have school tomorrow," she tells me.

"Yep, just gonna finish up my math homework and then go to bed," I assure her. Mom brushes through my hair one more time and walks to my door where Dad is still standing. She closes it behind her as she exits my room. "Night, Dad," I call as they walk down the hallway towards their room.

"Night, Bea," he calls back.

As soon as I hear the door to their room close, I pull out my phone and FaceTime Tobias.

A/N: Hey guys!!! I'd really like to thank you for reading my story and commenting and voting. But please guys, comment and vote more, PLEASE! Give me feedback on my writing, tell me what I could do to make it better, please.
-αииα🎀🌺