forty-one

BUZZ
BUZZ
BUZZ

Ugh, today is the first day of senior year. People say that senior year of high school is the best year of high school, but I am already ready for it to be over, and for me to go to college. Preferably out-of-state. Preferably somewhere warm, like California or Arizona. But first, I have to get through my last year of high school. Sure, Divergent High is an amazing school, but still, school is school and it will always be boring, and tiring, and stressful, and I could just go on, and on, and on, and on, and well, you get the point.

I roll out of bed and walk into my closet. I don't need to take a shower since I took one last night. I pick out a orange/coral short sleeve crop top, short overalls, a really cute scarf, and tan sandals. I walk over to my makeup vanity and sit down on the chair. I put on eyeliner, mascara, skin colored eyeshadow, blush, and a bit of Chapstick. I turn on my curling wand and brush through my hair while I wait for it to warm up. After it heats up, I use the curling wand to curl my hair. Then I put on a gold headband with a bow on it. I put in diamond studs, a gold bow bracelet, and a gold infinity ring. I quickly paint my nails gold and wait for them to dry before heading downstairs to get breakfast.

"Morning Bea," Mom greets as I enter the kitchen. "First day of senior year."

"Yeah."

"Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah."

"Can you only say 'yeah'?"

"Yeah." I laugh and Mom face palms herself.

"Here you go." She tosses me a banana bread muffin.

"Mm, my favorite. Thanks Mom!" I say, walking out of the kitchen and grabbing my backpack from the living room couch. I walk out the front door towards my car.

I get in, put on my seatbelt, and start the car. I back out of the driveway and drive out of the neighborhood towards Starbucks. I order a grande sea salt and caramel hot chocolate, my favorite.

I deserve it, I made it all the way to senior year without dying. Hooray!

Note the sarcasm.

After I get my hot chocolate, I drive to school. After I park my car, I grab my backpack from the passenger seat and my hot chocolate from the cup holder and get out of my car.

I look for the gang and see them standing in a circle near a picnic table. I make my way over to them, weaving through the crowds of people. Our school isn't too large, but there's about 1600-2000 people in it.

When I get to them, I give them all hugs, even Tobias and Allie.

"How was school yesterday, juniors?" I ask Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn.

"Horrible," they all say in unison.

"I bet."

The bell rings and we all go inside to get out schedules.

Mine looks like this:

Per. 1-Calculus; Mr. White
Per. 2- Music; Ms. Wu
Per. 3- Art; Ms. Wu
Per. 4-PE; Coach Amar
Lunch
Per. 5- AP Chemistry; Mrs. Matthews
Per. 6- Free Period
Per. 7- Free Period

"Looks like we have all of the same classes except I have AP chem when you have calc," Christina says after she compares our schedules.

"I wish I could take AP napping."

"Me too."

"You know, I met everybody a year ago yesterday," I say.

"Oh, yeah that's right."

The five-minute bell rings and I groan.

"Ugh, gotta go to calc."

"Bye."

"See ya in music."

I make my way to calculus, and when I get there, the only person that I recognize is Tobias. I walk over to him and sit down at the desk next to his.

"Oh, hey Tris."

"Hey Four."

"Alrighty class, I hope you like where your sitting because you'll be sitting there for the entire year," Mr. White says.

Time Lapse

I sit next to Marlene in AP chemestry, and Mrs. Matthews is so boring.

The bell finally rings and Marlene, Shauna, Zeke, Tobias, Allie, and I all get out of there as fast as we can.

I go to my locker which happens to be next to Tobias's, and put my books and binders in it. The only thing that I'll ever have to take home is my school iPad, which is a new thing that the district is trying out.

Tobias grabs my wrist as I walk past him.

"Happy one year anniversary, Tris."

"Ditto," I say and walk away when he lets go of my wrist. I walk to my car in the parking lot and drive home.

This was a long first day of school.

A/N:

HAPPY LATE 4TH OF JULY, Y'ALL!🇺🇸🇺🇸 USA WON THE FIFA WOMEN'S WORLD CUP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 16 YEARS!!!!🇺🇸⚽️😆 ok, sorry, I just had to get all of my excitement and happiness out. Sorry I haven't updated, and I really have no excuse. I've had so much time on my hands, since it's summer and all, but I've been updating less often than when I was in school. Sorry.
-αииα🎀🌸❤️