twenty-one

Tris POV
I stare at the piece of paper in my hand.
"She wants to meet with you," I say to Tobias.

"Yeah, I got that."

"But do you want to meet with her?"

"Yes, at least I think I do. I haven't seen her since I was six, so I'd like to see how she's doing. I don't know."

"You don't have to," I say, as I put my hand on his cheek.

"I want to, but I want you to be there with me."

"Ok, I will." I kiss him sand say, "I should probably go now, if my mom or dad opens the door and sees that I'm gone with the window open, they'll freak out."

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too," I kiss him again before I climb out of his window and back into mine.

I put some pjs on and crawl into bed.
I turn off the lamp and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

✣✦✣Time Lapse✣✦✣

It's Thursday now, and Tobias and I are waiting in Dauntless Diner for his mom.
His hands are shaking so I grab one to calm him down.

He looks at me so I say, "Hey, it's ok, I'm right here if you need me."

He nods and half-smiles.

I see a lady with shoulder length brown hair that's the same color as Tobias's.
She walks up to a waiter and he points over to us.

She walks over to us and Tobias stands when she gets there.

"Mom."

"Tobias," she says and hugs him. "How're you doing sweetheart?"

"Really great, actually," he says and looks at me. I smile.

"Who's this pretty young lady?"

"This is my girlfriend, Tris," he says and I stand up to shake her hand.

"Hi, you can call me Evelyn."

"Hi Evelyn."

We all sit down in the booth and Tobias says, "So mom, how are you?"

"Ok. Have you been playing any sports?"

"Um, yeah, I'm on the varsity team for football and baseball."

"Nice, honey."

"Mom?"

"Yes, Tobias?"

"Just one question, why'd you leave me with Marcus?"

"I'm sorry, Tobias, I really wish that I could've taken you, and everyday I regret leaving you. I just didn't know how to take you with me."

"Why didn't you just wake me up in the middle of the night and-"

"It wasn't like that Tobias, you saw Marcus beat me unconscious, so the medical people took me and I begged them not to let go back to that house. They helped me fake my death."

I grab Tobias hand and say, "You still could've knocked on his window in the middle of the night and told him to pack a bag and leave with you."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think this involves you," Evelyn spits at me.

"Actually it does involve me, because this boy sitting next to me is my whole world. I love him more than I've ever loved anything in my entire life. He is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I fall asleep. If anything ever happens to him I swear, I will fall apart because I am nothing without him. He completes me."

"Wow, you really love him don't you?"

"Of course, he's my forever and always."

"I'm glad my son found someone that cares about him as much as you do."

"He's my everything."

We talk for an hour and Evelyn says that she has to leave and that she'll try to see him more often.

Tobias and I drive home in a comfortable silence.

Before I get out of the car when we get to my house, he says, "Thank you Tris. Your my everything too."

I smile and kiss him. I get out of the car and wave as he drives away.

I walk inside and run up the stairs to get ready for bed because I am really tired.
I lay on my bed and I'm out like a light.

A/N: hey guys! Quick chapter before I fall asleep. And I still need a name for you so I'm just going to list some that I like and you can only vote once for your favorite.
-cupcakes
-initiates
-divergents
-transfers
-dauntless-borns
VOTE ONCE FOR YOUR FAVORITE! OR COMMENT OTHERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE ANY OF THESE!
Oh yeah, please check out my other book, ᗩᑕTIG Oᖇᗰᗩᒪ! It won't be coming out for awhile, but at least go see what it's about please!
Thanks!
-αииα🌸💋