nineteen

TRIS

Doh.
Doh doh doh, doh doh doh, doh doh.
My eyes fly open and I am immediately happy. I mean, who isn't happy on a holiday such as today.

But, I still have school. Ugh!😩

I get out of bed and slowly walk to my bathroom.

I take a quick shower to wake me up.

I go to my closet to look for my white skittles t-shirt. Once I find it I take it off the hanger and grab my jean capris.
I put those on along with my black Tom's.
I just brush my hair and leave it down.
Since I'm too lazy to do any major makeup, I just put on eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipgloss.

I grab my phone and back back and walk down the stairs.

I get a bowl of Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries and pour some milk in. I sit at the island in the middle of the kitchen and I swear, my head almost fell in the bowl a couple of times.

I put my empty bowl in the sink and hear a honk.

I grab my backpack and walk outside. I get into Tobias's car. He's wearing a Coca Cola shirt and jeans.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty."

"Is it that obvious that I'm so damn tired?"

"Yeah."

"Great." Note the sarcasm.

I reach into the front pocket of my backpack and grab my BIG sunglasses.

"Why do you need those, babe?"

"So people won't know that I'm really tired," I say and yawn.

"Okay," he says and grabs my hand.

We get to school and Tobias parks in the row closest to the school.

Get get out and find the group.

"Hey guys. Tris, why do you need those sunglasses?" Christina asks me.

I lower the glasses and out of the corner of my eye, I see Uriah with a look of pure horror.

I stick my tongue out at him and put my sunglasses back on.

The bell rings and Tobias and I walk to our lockers hand in hand. We get our books and binders and head to math.

Time Lapse
It's free period and I'm fully awake now, so I don't have to wear my sunglasses anymore.

We're all just hanging out at the park for the guys' pre-game relaxment therapy or whatever the heck they said.

Tonight's the civil war and Halloween, so the stands should be packed.

Time Lapse
The Divergent High Wildcats just won the civil war against the Erudite High Eagles! I couldn't be any happier than a I am right now. Well, I guess I could. At the end of the game, all of the students ran down from the bleachers and I went to go find Tobias and when I did, he picked me up and I said, "Good job baby!"

He said, "I won the game for you, you know."

Then I smiled and kissed him.

"Do you want to go to the party?" he asks.
I nod my head.

"Okay. I need to take a shower and change and then we can go."

Time Lapse
Tobias and I are driving to Zeke and Uriah's house for their party. I'm super excited.

We get there and walk inside hand in hand. People move aside for us and we make our way over to Zeke.

"Hey man! Hey Tris!"