{ Pilot Pt.4 }

"Who's that?" John b asked.

"It's scooter grubs, he went out during the storm, check out this pic i got, dead bodyyy" a girl named peeler answered sitting beside Kiara and John b.

She showed me the picture and I immediately felt sick to my stomach, I stepped away and stood beside JJ resting my head on his shoulder.

"You okay?" He whispered.

I nodded my head with a small smile and turned my attention back to the blonde girl.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked putting an arm around me.

"Somehow that dirtbag copped a brand new Grady white, everyone's out looking for it" she said.

I glanced over to John b who looked at me with a knowing look, that boat we found was definitely scooters.

"Okay, we didn't see anything we don't know anything, we need to have total and complete amnesia" pope said storming onto the porch of the chateau.

"That's pretty easy to do" I said from my spot on the floor as Kiara braided small pieces of my hair.

"Actually, popes right for once, see I agree with you sometimes, deny deny deny" JJ said standing up from his chair.

"We can't keep that money" Kiara said.

"Okay not all of us can afford unlimited data plans Kiara" JJ said looking at us 2.

"We have to pass it off to Lana Grubbs or else it's bad karma" Kiara continued.

"Yeah we don't need karma" I said with a sigh standing up and leaning against the railing.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too, we gotta go dark" pope added.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ said taking a hit from his juul, god he was attractive when he did that.

"I don't agree, think about it, this is scooter Grubbs we're talking about, same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole, shit one time I saw this guy begging for money in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas, we talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more then 40 bucks in his pocket and now all of a sudden he's got a Grady white, just saying" John b ranted, he shrugged and walked off to the dock.

We all followed, pope and JJ fished while me, John b and Kiara watched.

"Alright think about it pope, how does a marina rat get a Grady white?" John b asked.

"Prostitution" pope added.

"Good guess" I said with a shrug.

"Square groupers bro, okay, flying under the radio, no aerial surveillance, they don't do that stuff during a hurricane, what does that mean JJ" John b pointed to the blonde boy.

"They we're straight smuggling" he answered still looking at his fishing rod.

"Smuggling, and I guarantee you there is a serious amount of contraband in that boat" John b said.

"Hell yeah" I smiled.

"Fish on!" JJ said pulling at the tug on his rod.

"For the record if this is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it belongs to someone else, they could come looking for it, so taking it would be catastrophically stupid" pope said as we all sat around John bs room now.

"Yeah well stupid things come with good out comes all the time" JJ said fanning out the money.

"Not all the time" I added.