{The Phantom Final Part}

We arrive at a site full of cop cars, that have their lights shining. Reports and civilians trying to get a better look at what's going on.

We get lead out of the cars and towards the tents, where they motion for the 4 of us to sit down.

2 cops stay guard at both entrances making sure we don't leave.

A women and a man come up to me after a few minutes with a big medical bag making me furrow my eyebrows.

"We were notified that you've been injured, let me take a look" the women says.

She touches the cut on my forehead with her gloved fingers causing me to wince and grab ahold of JJ's hand tightly.

She then grabs the wet towel from her partners hands and wipes away the dried blood and cleans my cut.

When she's done she grabs a huge bandage from the bag and places it on my cut.

"All right all done, you kids stay here" she says and they leave.

"Are you okay?" JJ asks me, squeezing my hand.

"I will be when John bs safe" I frown.

He nods and pulls me closer, now it's just a waiting game.

—-

About 30 minutes later, hearing shouting and pouring rain from the storm.

Shoupe, plum and Thomas all walk into the tent with big yellow rain jackets on. They hold pitiful faces on. We all stand and wait for the news.

"Did you find them" pope asks first.

"No" Shoupe presses his lips together.

"So they got away?" Kiara asks hopeful.

"We uh, we lost them" Shoupe says and I swear the air was knocked out of my body. "I'm sorry"

"What do you mean you lost them, like their gone , what are you talking about?" Pope continues to question.

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression pope" Shoupe explains.

"So they're dead" Kiara asks bluntly.

"We don't know" Shoupe sighs.

"You drove em straight through the storm man, are you kidding me! Come here man I'm gonna kill you!"JJ goes at Shoupe, Thomas quickly trying to pull him off while Kiara yells at him to stop.

Pope yells at Shoupe but I can't make it out, I'm too busy trying to comprehend what's happening, John b and Sarah are dead, my best friends dead, my brother dead, my sister dead. This wasn't what was supposed to happen and I don't know how to deal with it.

Tears fall from my eyes quickly and my chest heaves up and down as I try and regain my breathe that was taken from me.

I watch as JJ stands alone pulling at his hair, tears on his face. I walk towards him sobbing and crash into his chest. He doesn't waste any time in wrapping his arms around me tightly.

I hear pope talking to his parents as they arrived, same with Kiara's parents, consoling their kids. I'm too caught up crying in JJ's chest to realize that my parents and brother are here and standing at the entrance of the tent.

I feel a hand land on my shoulder and look up to see my mom, tears down her face, I sob once more and fall into her chest.

She wraps her arms around me tightly, quickly pulling JJ in as well, switching between kissing both of our heads.

"I'm so sorry my loves, I'm so sorry" she whispers.

I hold on to her tighter and feel JJ pull away, I watch as he gets brought into a hug by my dad and my brother rubs his shoulder before he looks at me. I choke back a sob as he walks over and wraps his arms around me and my mom.

"I'm sorry mom, I didn't mean to-" she quickly cuts me off.

"It's okay honey, we'll talk about it later" she shooshes me and rubs my hair.

She pulls back and wipes the tears from my face, her frown becoming more prominent when she sees the cut on my forehead, "oh baby what happened" she asked and kissed my bandage.

I just shake my head and turn to look at my dad who holds a shaking JJ. He looks at me with sympathy and I let go of my mom, grabbing a hold of JJ's hand, he lets go of my dad and looks down at me. I quickly bring him into a hug and he does the same.

After a few minutes of holding each other, my parents guide us out of the tent and towards the car, taking us back home.

A home where John b and Sarah will never be visiting again.....