{ spy games }

"It's not there, look just pull the drone up" John b said disappointedly.

All that work to find the royal merchant, then find it and there's no gold. I felt so terrible for John b, yeah not finding the gold was upsetting but he also felt like he let down his dad.

"Look we can do another pass, recharge the battery, go back down" Pope tried to help.

"We've been through it three times, there's nothing there!" JJ yelled.

"Shut up!" Kiara yelled at him. "The gold could be buried we don't know!".

"If it was there it would have been found on the metal detector okay? Someone beat us to it" John be said defeated.

"Or it was never there" JJ mumbled.

I sighed and walked over to John b wrapping my arms around his neck, "I'm sorry John b, we can keep trying, don't give up" I said and smiled at him as I backed away towards the wheel with JJ.

After driving heywards boat back to his house we all split up and went our separate ways, I think everyone's mood was killed after not finding the gold.

I had planned to talk to Blake when I got home to ask about what happened to pope, hopefully he told me the truth.

Once I parked my jeep in the driveway I saw Blake playing basketball. I got out and walked up to him.

"Okay first, put a shirt on, your all sweaty, and second I need to talk to you" I said crossing my arms.

"I don't need a shirt, I'm good, and what do you need?" He asked holding the ball at his hip.

"What happened yesterday on my the golf course?" I asked.

"We golfed?" He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Tell me the truth, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't already know" I warned.

"If you know then why are you asking?" He asked.

"Because I want to know exactly what happened and why you didn't stop it" I said.

"Okay, we were golfing and then rafe got all angry and started messing with pope, topper got involved and but then stopped and Rafe just kept going for more, I didn't know what to do because rafe wouldn't listen to me, topper yelled at him to stop too and he eventually did, but you have to know that I didn't do anything to hurt him, I like pope I think he's a good kid, I still feel guilty" he admitted.

I nodded and looked down at my shoes, "tell rafe that if he ever touches one of my friends again he's gonna have to deal with me" I shot at him and stormed into the house.

"Hey darling— what's wrong?" My mom asked as she folded some blankets on the couch.

"Nothing, just boys being annoying" I scoffed.

"Not JJ I hope" she smiled.

"No it's not JJ" I smiled at the thought of him.

"Okay good, I'm making lasagna tonight so make sure to tell him, I know he likes my lasagna" she smiled.

"I will" I smiled. "I'll be up in my room".

She nodded and I ran up the stairs, once I got into my room and I grabbed my juul and sat down on my bed.

About 2 hours later of just laying there on my phone and smoking my door burst open to reveal Kiara.

"Jesus Kie, do you not knock? What if I was naked" I said sitting up.

"Please, I've seen you naked before" she scoffed and laid down on my bed beside me.

"So, what brings you here to my humble abode" I said bringing my juul to my lips.