{ The Bell Tower Pt.2 }

My sleep last night wasn't good at all, even though I had the comfort of JJ's body it still wasn't enough to keep my anxiety down and my back from aching.

I woke up before everyone except for John b, who I don't think slept at all. I mean I don't blame him, his brain is probably moving 1000 miles per hour with what's going on.

I sat up in my seat in between John b and JJ and turned to look at John b. He was staring at the seat in front of him, in a daze.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly, not wanting to wake the others. The sky was still a little dark but you could see the sun was about to come up.

He let out a strangled breathe and turned to look at me, you could tell by his eyes that he was trying not to look upset but I could tell her was.

"Not really, but I can't give up" he shrugged, I nodded in understanding. "Are you okay? JJ told me about your parents, I'm sorry for dragging you along" he frowned.

I smiled softly, "it's okay John b, I chose to be here, you're not dragging me, although I am shitting my pants thinking about seeing my parents next but I wouldn't do anything different" I grabbed a hold of his hand and squeezed, reminding him that I'm here.

"Thank you Myla" he smiles.

I nod and out of no where pope shoots up in his seat, startling me and John b, pope looks around frantically and sees us awake, he lets out a breathe of relief and me and John b try to contain our laughter.

Soon enough Kiara and JJ both awaken and we turn on the radio to listen to the news.

"Good news for residents of outer banks, dominion power says their underwater transmission line will restore power 90% of the area"

A siren blares in the distance and I sink back into JJ's arms that are wrapped around me.

"Should be functional within the next 24 hours, and still no arrest in the shooting death of sheriff Susan peterkin, the state police have issued a local person of interest, a juvenile from-"

Kiara turns off the radio, no one of wanted to hear how are best friend was being hunt down.

"Alright let's game this out" JJ starts, "maybe you guys can help being the smart ones and all" JJ points to kie and pope. I scrunch my eyebrows at him and he just smirks at me.

"Who are the cops going to believe, ward Cameron or us? So the accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused, is John b, who is pretty much a homeless 16 year old boy at the moment" JJ finishes, he's right, they'll never believe us, even if me and Kiara have money they'd still believe ward Cameron.

"Thanks" John b mumbles sarcastically.

"Shit" pope curses.

"Okay man, Yucatan alright? I'm saying that's the only option, what other option do you have?" JJ argues.

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit man, Sarah will bail me out" John b settles.

"She did witness the whole thing" Kiara agrees.

"Thank you" John b sighs, happy somebody is agreeing with him.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope asks.

"Not happening bro, okay? We've gotta get you off the island" JJ says.

I nod my head, John b can't stay here, as much as I'll miss him, he has to keep running, the cops here are oblivious and the justice system is just jokes. John b doesn't stand a chance even if he has Sarah on his side.

"The ferry, it's the only way, exit stage left while you still can, before the entire island is on lockdown" pope decides.

Sirens wail again coming closer, our car isn't gonna be seen though as we're under an abandoned garage on an empty road.

"Guys just get down" Kiara says as we all keep our heads down.

We're now parked down by the docs and pope is going to see the times of when the ferry's leave. He comes back to the car frantically with a piece of paper in his hand. John bs seat is all the way down so nobody can see him.

"Okay, okay alright" pope says as he gets back into the drivers seat, where he definitely should not be.

"Pope can you act normal" Kiara asks frustratedly.

"So um, okay, so bad news, the ferry's closed and there's this" he hand out the piece of paper.

I grab it from his hands and both John b and JJ look over my shoulder, our eyes widen and I look over at John b. A wanted poster for John b has been put out around the island so now everyone is looking for him. I hand the paper to Kiara and we all sit back in our seats.

"Well John b, that's a good framer of you" JJ's remarks.

"Okay so the whole island is looking for John b right now, and that's a lot of money so they'll be looking extra hard" I explain.

"Congratulations John b you're famous" JJ smirks. I slap his shoulder and send him a look and he sits back in his seat.

"Okay so we need another boat" i come up with.

"We need to get to the HMS pogue, we need small, no running lights" Kiara drags on.

"It's at the chateau kie" John b says defeatedly.

"And I wonder if they got the entire place staked out, let me think, oh yeah they definitely have that place on lockdown" JJ says sarcastically.

Everyone starts to think hard on what we could do, soon enough we decide on JJ's dads boat, the phantom, I could tell JJ wasn't 100% fine with it but he'd do anything to protect his friends so he agreed. Do to pope still be high, he got a little over hyper, aggressive and impatient, causing us to get attention to our car. A little kid pointed out John b and a few cops started running towards our car.

After pope smashed into a few cars we finally took off and got away from everyone. We started driving down a less busy road, more on the kook country side.

"I should be the last one to say this but you are not okay to drive pope!" JJ yells out and pope stops the car. We all almost get whiplash but luckily we're good.

"John b get out!" Pope says.

"Yeah he's right, you run and hide we'll draw the cops, I'll get the rig and meet you at the dump tomorrow okay? Three o clock tomorrow okay?" JJ explains.

John b agrees and hops out of the car, and runs off into the forest, I close his door and then hop into his seat.

Pope continues down the road and I feel JJ's eyes on me, I turn to look at him and he giving me a look.

"What?" I ask.

"You don't wanna sit beside me?" He glares.

"J I literally moved 2 inches, do you want me to hold you hand?" I chuckled.

"No not anymore"  he crosses his arms and looks out his window.

Okay you big baby" I breathe out a laugh and shake my head. I cautiously watch pope drive and soon feel JJ grab onto my hand but he's still looking out the window.

I feel butterflies and a smile comes onto my face. He's so stubborn but so fucking cute.