38

The white  lights making its way from the lamp hit her eyes like bullets. The pain was too much to bear. It was like a heavy rod smashed her occipital. Her weak limbs tried to move but the flaccidity was too much for the response to be noticed. Her eyelashes hitting the surface beneath them, reflexing every time she opened them. The dilated pupil shrunk as the light entered her retina.

" Don't move " , she heard a dull muffled sound of a man . He wasn't too far to locate.

Knock . Knock ..

Ibrahim looked at the door, " the reports have arrived,.the doctor awaits you ." The nurse spoke softly .

The woman on the bed couldnt understand the situation. She barely knew where she was.

She forced her fingers to move , but the pain from the cannula was to strong she couldn't bear it from her week body . She could barely open her eyes. It appeared she bit to far that the blood started to leak from the three way pin.

Ibrahim hurriedly noticed , and hushed her.  His teary eyes couldn't bear what she was going through. The ryles tubes attached and sucking out the water from her pluera to the bag.

If  Ibrahim hadn't reached on the every moment, Aliza would be dead by now. He shouted for help, and help her hand tight , it seems it was another seizure attack. He looked carefully at the EEG machine, trying to read and make something out the graphs.

His vision was getting blurred with the continue tear droplets from the lacrimals." Move aside , please sir, you need to leave ", the nurse calling out for Ahmed but he wasn't in a position to give response.

" Give her another dose of Diazepam ", the doctor ordered the medical attendant.

In no time , Ibrahim's unreactive body was outside the ICU. He was allowed to see her for a moment. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

"I couldn't find anything , we checked day and night but nothing . I don't think ..." A man was spoke but was cut off by Ahmed.

" I need proof that he is dead , you don't tell me what you think ", he replied .

The man disappeared in thin air after the conversation. Its been 36 hours, and now recovery from Aliza.

A few minutes passed, the doctor came out from the unit. " I need to tell somthing very important , please come with me", he told Ibrahim.

Inside the doctor's cabin ::

"I don't know , if I should suggest you this or not , but ... Based on your wife's conditions and the Ibrahim was sitting nervously, he didn't understand a single word .  "Please, what is about doctor ?" He asked impatiently. He wanted to correct the doctor, who had mistaken him as Aliza's husband but this wasn't the right time to declaim the title .

" Your wife is pregnant , if she recovers within next 48 hours nothing is better than that, but I am afraid, if the fluid didn't cleared out effectively from her lungs space , she might not be able to deliver enough oxygen for the coming one. " The doctor was emotionless.

He cleared out the air from his temple, " I think you should consider abortion Mr. Siddiqui " .

Ibrahim on the other hand wasn't sure what to do. Even though he had been in more difficult position than this, he couldn't make this decision by himself. It wasn't his baby afterall even if it were it wasn't his position to decide what must be done.

"I will wait for next 48 hours untill then please take the necessary precautions . I want Aliza to decide what is to be done about this child " , he said and left the room.