Remember Me part 3

***

I instantly hugged her missing the feeling of her warmth and having her in my arms. She just cried in my arms and I cried too. I was stupid. Stupid for even leaving her.

She then pulled away and just kept on hitting me. I didn't do anything about it because I knew that she was hurt.

"Stupid loser." She said still hitting me with tears in her eyes. It broke my heart seeing her like this. I hugged her and she tried to to pull away but I didn't let go. Not this time.

When she finally stopped crying I sat her on the bench.

"I'm sorry. For being so stupid." I said breaking the silence. She just looked at me and shook her head.

"You aren't stupid. What's important is you're here now." She said cupping my face. I then looked at her in the eyes and still felt the same for her years ago. Maybe more.

"I was stupid. For even leaving you Lo. I love you and I hurt you." I corrected her and she just smiled but then looked down. Something was off.

"I'm sorry." She said almost like a whisper. I then furrowed my eyebrows. She had nothing to be sorry about. Then she looked at me with tears falling again.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused and nervously. She was scaring me a bit. Then she broke down crying and I instantly held her in my arms.

"Mama!" A voice called out.

Then Lauren looked up to the one who was calling her. It was a boy. Almost 3 or 4 years old.

Then it hit me like a thousand bricks.

I looked at her and the boy who was now hugging her. He had green eyes. Just like Lauren's.

"Jack where are you?" Another voice called out but more older. I then looked at who it was. It was Brad.

"Lo why are you crying?" He asked instantly running to her side and comforting her. I just stood there processing what I just have witnessed.

It was all my fault. And I was too late.

Then Brad finally noticed me and froze. He was shocked to say the least.

"Y/N? Since when were you back?" He asked stunned. I just smiled a bit at him even though I wanted to bang his head into a wall.

"Uhh...just yesterday actually." I said then it suddenly became awkward. We all just stood there taking glances at each other. I broke off the silence and cleared my throat.

"It's good to see you Brad. You too Lauren. I hope you have a good time." I said now walking off. I don't know why but I just couldn't bear it. I know it was my fault for leaving her but it was just too much for me.

"Wait!" A voice said. Lauren.

I then close my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around.

"What?" I asked faking a smile. She just stood there and looked down.

"Can we talk? Please?" She asked me. I then felt like this was just like years ago. I just nodded knowing this was probably the best to do.

"Sure." I answered and she sighed in relief. She first told Brad and her son that she was going with me before leaving. But not before giving Brad a kiss on the cheek. I'm pretty sure my heart shattered all over again.

She then signaled for me to come with her. We then walked side by side in silence.

"It's not your fault Lo. I understand." I said and she just shook her head.