Not Ready

Picking up the towel, I set it on the counter. I sighed, wiping the sweat on my forehead with my shirt. What I didn't realize is that I was already crying.

***

"Lo, can we talk for a second?" I asked nervously. She smiled, excusing herself from her friends. I held her hand and led her to the restroom. I then felt her shove me inside the cubicle, and kissed me hard.

I pushed her away slightly, she frowned.

"This isn't what I meant." I clarified. She blushed and nodded.

"Oh what is it?" She asked brushing her hair. I sighed, biting my lip. Was she ready for this?

"I went to the doctor. For insemination." I said, not looking at her. She laughed wiping her tears. I frowned at her.

"Are you serious?" She asked, slightly angered now.

"I am. And I'm pregnant." I finally said. I flinched when she hit the wall. Lauren kept on hitting the wall that I had to stop her.

"Why would you this to me? Huh? You think this is funny?" She hissed while glaring at me. I winced when I felt her grip tightly on my arm.

"Lo. Stop you're hurting me." I cried but she still held on tightly.

"You're such a selfish and insensitive bitch." It stung. And it pierced right through my heart with her just saying that. The words I never would've thought she'd say to me. I slid down the wall, sobbing. I messed up.

***

"Coming." I said as I went down. I panted as I finally reached the door. It was hard for me since I'm now basically carrying a bowling ball in my stomach. I opened the door.

I gasped. It's been 9 months. 9 months since I saw her. Who I never would've thought that I'd get to see again. Lauren.

I took the time to take in her appearance. She was still as beautiful as ever. But now she had bags under her eyes. I frowned slightly at that. Hasn't she been sleeping?

I cleared my throat, noticing the silence that has come between us. She now looked at me, there were too much emotions in her eyes. Sadness, regret, pity.

"Lauren." I greeted her politely.

"Y/N." She greeted back. I smiled slightly, letting her in. We then sat on the couch.

"How are you?" She asked awkwardly.

"I'm okay. But...why are you here Lauren?" I finally asked. Not that I don't want her here, but I just want to know why.

"I'm sorry. I messed up Y/N. I know that. And I wasn't ready that time." She said looking at me. I nodded at her, telling her to continue.

"And I want to be here. For the baby. And for you. I still love you Y/N. Always will. I want you back. Both of you. It's okay if you don't take me back though. I will just ask to be at least in our baby's life." By the time she finished, there were already tears streaming down my face. Why would she think that I won't take her back? I love her no matter what.

We instantly hugged, missing the feeling of having her in my arms.

"Of course I still love you smartass. And thank you for wanting to be in our lives." I said wiping my tears. Though my stomach seems to feel more heavier. I didn't mind it yet. She cried too.

I pulled away now, feeling a leak. I looked down, and gasped.

"Y/N your water just broke." She pointed out, eyes widened. I groaned at the pain.

"I know smartass. Take me to the hospital now." I said while grabbing the collar of her shirt. What? Don't mess with a pregnant woman.

She nodded and got her keys before carrying me to the car.

***

"Aaaahhhh!" I gripped onto Lauren's arm. Hard. She tried to comfort me again but it was no use. I took deep breaths.

"Okay one more push baby." She said brushing my hair. I nodded before pushing again.

And then a cry was heard. Everything was black after.

***

As I slowly opened my eyes, it took a while for them to adjust to the blinding lights. After adjusting, I saw Lauren smiling at me while holding my hand. She slightly kissed it. I smiled.

Then the door opened. A nurse came in with our baby. I almost broke down there, but I tried not to.

"It's a girl." The nurse said before handing to me the baby. I smiled, touching her cheeks lightly.

"Welcome to the family, Jane." I said softly. I turned to Lauren, who was staring at her like she was the most beautiful treasure. My heart melted.

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked noticing that she wanted to hold her. She nodded with tears in her eyes. I chuckled, handing her the baby carefully.

"Hi Jane. She looks just like you." She said. I giggled.

"Lo. She was born almost just a while ago. She doesn't look like anyone else yet." I replied. She laughed.

"Hi Jane. I'm Lauren. I'm gonna be your mama. I know I failed for not being there for your mom. But I promise to always be there for you as your mama and be the best that I can be. No matter what. You are God's gift to us. And know that, you are my princess. Mom's our queen. And I will always be your unicorn. Mama loves you Jane." I was speechless at that moment. I watched as Lauren stared lovingly at her. It was a masterpiece. She finally looked up and sat beside me.

"I love you. Both of you."