Having a Family

"I miss you babe." I said while touching the screen.

"I miss you too babe." She cooed while blowing a kiss. I then pretended to catch it with my hand and slipped it into my pocket.

"I'll save that for later." I winked at the camera then she smiled that charming smile of hers.

"Oh yeah? Wait until I come home that you won't need to-" I started smiling widely but she got cut off when I heard the door creak open.

"Shhh...momma might hear you."

"Oh okay...zip. Wait can you see her?"

"Wait a second. I'm trying to see." I rolled my eyes smiling knowing it was our kids. I then pretended that I didn't see them.

"Lo, our babies are sound asleep." I said smiling giving her a look. She started smiling goofily.

"Oh dang it. If they were awake, I would have given them something." And just like that, they pounced on top of me.

"Mommy, what are you going to give us?" Bianca asked excitedly. I just sighed smiling.

"Mommy's gonna give you a scolding. Aren't you supposed to be asleep right now?" She said faking anger. I stifled my laugh. They then started acting.

"Mommy, we had nightmares." Hunter said rubbing his eyes and Bianca started imitating him too. I then couldn't help but let out my laughter.

"See Lauren. These are definitely your children." I teased while pointing at them. She then giggled.

"No, they're not good in hiding and stealth. So they're your children." I then pouted at her while she just laughed. Bianca and Hunter started giggling too.

"Mommy, are you going to buy us pizza like momma did yesterday?" Bianca asked excitedly. My eyes widened. Nope she definitely shouldn't have mentioned that. Lauren gasped.

"You bought them pizza yesterday?" She asked in disbelief while I just nodded waiting for her speech on what they should eat and how vegetables are more important. But she didn't give me one. I looked up at her and saw her smirking.

"That's it? No speech or whatsoever? You're gonna let me off that easily?" I asked curiously. She then shook her head.

"Trust me, I won't let you off that easily. I have just the perfect punishment for you." She said staring at me intently while I just licked my lips. I gulped. I was going to reply but they pounced on top of me again.

"Mommy, are you going to punish us too?" They said now pouting. She smiled at them.

"Of course not. Why would I punish my babies?" She cooed while kissing the screen. They giggled and also started kissing the screen. Next thing you know, the screen of my laptop was full of lip marks.

"Am I not your baby too?" I whined while giving her the puppy dog eyes and a pout. She just awwed at me.

"Of course you are. But you're a big baby already so I'm sure you can handle some rough loving." She winked while I felt my cheeks heat up. I then looked at her and noticed something.

"Lo. Where are you?" I asked noticing the change of her surroundings. It was dark.  She ended the video call. I gasped. Was she serious right now. I then groaned and stood up following Bianca and Hunter. Suddenly, I heard them squealing so I ran down as fast as I could. Surprised would be an understatement on what I'm feeling right now.

There was Lauren blowing raspberries on their necks. My heart melted at the sight.

Then she put them down now walking to me. I held my arms out to hug her but she just puts them on her waist while capturing my lips for a kiss. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

"Wow." was all I could seem to get out. She just smirked at me before saying something to the kids. Then they quickly ran to the kitchen.

"I thought you were busy and-" I started to ramble but she just put her finger on my lips, silencing me.

"I wanted to come home to my loving wife. And my adorable babies so I asked for a break. They agreed." She said placing kisses all over my face while I just giggled.

"Lo. Eewww." I joked and she gasped, clutching her chest in fake pain.

"I thought you loved me?" She asked in disbelief while I just shook my head.

"Yes I do love you Lauren Michelle." I said cupping her face while staring at her lovingly.

"I love you too-" The kids screamed running to us and pulled on our shirts.

"Mommy are we going to eat the pizza now?" Bianca asked and I gasped.

"You bought pizza?" I asked in disbelief and she smiled smugly.

"Of course." She said winking at me then nodding at the kids. They ran off again to the kitchen, probably devouring the pizza by now. I then sighed, shaking my head.

"You know sometimes...I feel like they like you more than me." I sat on the couch, her sitting right beside me.

"Awww...is my big baby sad? They like you just as much as they like me. It's just you know I'm kinda the cool mom. And you're the boring mom." She said giggling. I gasped.

"Way to ruin the moment. And hey I'm not the boring mom." I huffed, crossing my arms at her. She chuckled.

"But you're not just the boring mom. You're also the beautiful and loving wife of the cool mom." She smirked while I just smiled bashfully. Bianca and Hunter started squealing while playing.

"We did a great job, didn't we?"

"Yes. Yes, we did. Now c'mon let's eat." She pulled me by the arm to the kitchen, where we were attacked by our children.