Chapter 5 - Plan Phase II

Meredith came into the washing area and Bailey was already there, scrubbing as thorough as she can.

"Dr. Bailey," she said in a greeting type of way.

"Dr. Grey," Miranda replied, the same intonation in her voice. Meredith started washing her hands as well. Bailey sighed, both arms in the air after she dried them. "See you inside." she remarked before walking through the automatic doors.

Meredith watched as the staff put gloves on Bailey's hands, one after the other. She dried her hands and quickly went after, gloves on her too. The scrub nurses tied both their masks behind their heads. Meredith thought they may continue their conversation later into the surgery, so she stood there, the patient wait starts now.

"Scalpel," Bailey finally says. The surgery starts.

A few hours in, Dr. Bailey started talking, getting rid of the OR silence. "So Grey, anything you have to say?"

Meredith looked up at the former, glancing side to side to the other people in the room. She sighed quietly before continuing. "I was quite taken aback when you told me all those things this morning Bailey,"

Bailey let go of her scalpel and grabs another tool on the table, "What nobody ever told you how close you and Robbins have been this past week?"

Meredith shrugged. "I guess I never really looked at it that way before you said anything."

Bailey could spit to that, but she mocked a laugh instead. "Dr. Grey, I think I'm starting to get onto you." When Bailey said that, Meredith looked up less than comfy. Bailey didn't notice though, she was too busy removing the cloth.

"Suction please," Bailey said and someone handed it to Dr. Grey. Meredith gladly did her job, as it stirred Bailey's attention away from the conversation at hand.

"Anyways, back to you." Bailey spared Meredith a glance. Under the mask, she spoke, "I don't mind you two getting closer. I think it's healthy, actually, after what you two have been through this past year. Just, just don't become her twin of some sort, I like you as the dark and twisted Dr. Grey. That doctor the residents called Medusa, yeah, that's more like you. Besides, you and Robbins can be friends but still remain complete opposites. Have a friendship where you complete each other where the other lacks."

Bailey left it at that and Meredith smiled under her mask. The shorter surgeon felt like her job was done and literally left Dr. Grey alone in the OR. Without saying a word, Meredith knew Bailey trusted her to close it up. And so she finished what the other surgeon started, glad she was wearing a huge mask that covered most of her face or else everyone could see her operating with a sly grin.

Just scrubbed out and exhausted, Meredith was greeted by an energetic Amelia.

"Oh, hi," Meredith said tired from hours of surgery. She was walking to an on-call room to rest while Amelia tailed her. She sighed, "Start talking."

Amelia gladly did, "Remember the double-date Maggie and I were talking about the other night?" Meredith said an 'uhuh' and kept walking, steps away from an on-call room.

"Well, we're pushing that date today."

Hand on the on-call room door, Meredith stops. She had an affiliative smile facing Amelia, "Amelia, I just got off surgery, I don't think I can babysit my three kids alone-"

"Oh but that's what I came to talk to you about." the brunette jumped. "I talked to Arizona and she'd be more than happy to babysit with you."

Amelia did not expect to see Meredith looking disappointed. Unsure why, she started talking again. "Is there something wrong?"