Chapter 12 - You Go, Girl

"I kissed her, big deal." Meredith sighs into the couch.

"Yes, big deal. This is Arizona you kissed, and she didn't even know you were-" Amelia said.

"Bi. You're dead to me, dude." Alex added. 

She looks over to April begging for help.

"Well don't look at me. You kissed OUR sister and ran away before she could say anything. How am I supposed to help you,"

Meredith's brows furrowed, "Maggie, anything to say?"

"Hm, you kissed Robbins... you go sister." she says, teasing.

"Not the time for jokes." she retorted. "I don't know what to do for God's sake! I kissed Arizona and she still went on that date with that- that lame OB." she said.

Alex thought for a moment beside Meredith. Sure, Arizona still stuck to the date, but maybe she was just weighing her options. He knew Arizona liked Meredith before Arizona can realize it herself. And she hasn't realized. He thought.

"Alex, psst. Any ideas? Did you hear from Arizona yet?" Amelia said from a separate chair.

He mouthed an 'oh' and checked his phone. Quickly, everyone's eyes pointed to watch him

Alex opened his phone and saw 37 missed calls. He looked up alarmed.

"What?" Meredith said abrupt.

"Multiple missed calls. I'll call her back and be back in a sec," he said.

He got up and exited the living room going into the kitchen. 

The phone rung and Arizona answered, quite too quick for Alex.

"Hello?" he started.

He heard Arizona sniff at the other end. 

"Hey," she replied, voice stuffy. Alex knew she was crying by then. 

"How'd the date go?" 

"Oh," 

"Not too well?"

"Mm," she sounded like she nodded. It just played in Alex's mind. He understood.

"Where are you? I'll pick you up."

"Mer kissed me," she said, cutting off Alex's worries.

"Yeah, you already told me that. Before the date, remember?"

Arizona giggled slightly on her end and Alex couldn't help but feel relieved.

"Yeah. She kissed me... it only processed in me a few minutes ago."

"And?"

"And I left Carina. Jerk-Robbins for the win," she laughed, wiping the tears. 

"Dude, no. People leaving in the middle of dates happen all the time."

She smiled inwardly. "Thanks. I love you."

Alex smiled satisfied, "I love you, too. You're my sister and you have to tell me what you feel about Mer soon, okay?"

Arizona stopped crying altogether. "Mm. Yeah, I almost forgot about that." 

"Don't worry, I won't push you today, just get some rest. I can talk to De Luca tomorrow if you want."

"Thanks, Alex. No need though. Your sister can fix her own mess."

He huffed, "Sure. I have to get going though. But still, do you want me to pick you up?"

"Mhm no. I'm already home."

"Good. Get some rest."

"Bye,"

"Bye," he replied.

Alex put his phone down and sighed. He typed something and hit send.

get some sleep, see you tomorrow.
april and i will take you to a new cafe, okay
i won't take no for an answer
good night, sis

He left the kitchen and walked up to living room again. The three ladies sat there, eyeing him.

"So?" Meredith asked.

"She's was crying."

"Why?" she added.

"She left her date."

Meredith bit her lip. Amelia smiled and looked to her side, acting like she won the lottery. 

Alex shot April and Maggie a glance, they gave each other a high five.

He exhaled and took his seat beside Mer again, "Guys, don't look too happy. She was crying. Was but she's okay now. Point is, she obviously wasn't fine."

Interested, Amelia leaned, "Right, why was she crying? Did she tell you?"

"Not really. But she did tell me Mer kissed her, and she told me that earlier, before the date with De Luca."

Amelia sat back, thinking. It was Meredith's turn to ask the questions.

"Why'd she leave Carina?"

Alex thought for a second, trying to recall the phone call just now. He shook his head, sorry.

"I don't think she mentioned why,"

 Meredith sighed beside Alex.

"I'm sure she's considering... you, I guess."

"Do tell," April said, excited.

Alex nodded her off.

"Well, she wouldn't have left if she didn't feel anything towards you and your abrupt kiss." he almost laughed towards the end.

Maggie chuckled a little too.

"Oh,"

"I didn't say she has feelings for you, okay. I don't know about that either but I do know she felt something with that kiss you two shared. Whether it's remorse, guilt, shock, or whatever-love-stuff, she had something. That's why she had to leave De Luca."

The ladies nodded, contemplating.

"What if she felt bad for me because she doesn't feel the same way..." Meredith muttered. Alex furrowed his brows at that, he knew better. "I'm not too sure yet but I think she does."

Meredith gazed his way, hopeful.

"Uhuh, I really do. That's why I'm rooting for you,"

Later into the conversation.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow. Got it. Got it. I can do this." 

Amelia chuckled, "You go, girl."

"I'm sure it will go well." April adds, animated.

"And to make sure of that, we'll come to the counter tomorrow." said Maggie.

"Then she'll know something's up," Meredith counters.

Alex points at April, Amelia, and Maggie. "I almost forgot. I'll make sure she gets the day off tomorrow so you can't talk to her by the counter like usual. But you, you, and you, we'll all go to a new café. I told Arizona, April and I will bring her there to try and cheer her up. So maybe you guys, Mer and you sisters, can arrive later after we do and then..."

"I can talk to her." Meredith finished with a stern voice.

"Indeed." Maggie smiles.

a/n: comment if you see any errors :)
also, don't forget to vote! 

i tend to lose interest easily so i'm trying my best to finish this before i do lmao byebye !!