Chapter 17 - Parks and Sandwiches

It was date night. Arizona and Meredith have been together for two months now. They made it official after two weeks.

But then again, it was date night.

Every Friday, Meredith leaves the kids to Maggie and Amelia while Arizona and her wander off somewhere. This night, they were going to the park. Cliché maybe, but the couple already had dates in fancy restaurants and resorts and Airbnbs.

Arizona wore her coat by the mirror and was trying to fix the collar. Something crept up on her and slid behind her lower back. It was Meredith.

"Hey," Arizona eyed her through the mirror.

"Hey," Meredith scooted over and rested her head on Arizona's shoulder. She hummed, eyes closed, just to feel the other woman's warmth.

"I'm good, how about you?" Arizona whispered.

Meredith smiled hearing that. "Great. I'll drive."

They made their way to a park nearby. Each helped the other with their things and sandwiches. How could they ever forget the sandwiches. They sat there, munching on jammed sandwiches. Meredith was the first to speak.

"I'm sorry we had to bring sandwiches." she said. Arizona looked up from the half-eaten sandwich, softness spread on her.

"I don't like sandwiches but you know what?"

"What?"

"I like the girl who has the sandwiches."

Meredith smiled. She leaned in closer to peck a kiss on Arizona's forehead.

"You have your moments, Robbins." she teased. And the blond nodded to the side, "I sure do."

Yet Arizona felt a shiver.

Meredith eyed her girlfriend, confused. Arizona was wearing a coat, quite a thick coat. If anything Meredith should be the one shivering, having just layered a wool cardigan under a vest.

Meredith felt Arizona's hands and put down the sandwich from them, "You good?" she asked.

Arizona nodded, "Probably just a wind."

Meredith furrowed her brows at that, "Hm. Usually when someone shivers out of nowhere, it's a sign something bad will happen."

She got up on her knees to fix Arizona's coat. She buttoned the first few buttons with a straight face, Arizona only watched in awe of how caring Meredith could be.

The blond thought she shivered 'cause it was cold. Not because something bad will happen. It was cold because the holidays were coming. Yeah, definitely. She thought.

Arizona breathed a chuckle, "Thank you,"

The serious blond sighed all the tenseness and worries out. "I love you, I really do."

"And I love you too." Arizona smiled.

a/n: i think this is where the fluff ends.