Chapter 13 - Not At Home

Arizona lied. 

She wasn't at home cozying up under the sheets.

Nope.

She went straight to the hospital.

Workaholic Arizona turned its tide again. She knew she needed a place to steam off after that fail of a date. It just surprised the blond to see Carina thought the exact same thing.

"Oh," Carina said when she looked up. She bore no anger in those eyes, Arizona saw. 

"Hi- I didn't know you would go back here to... uh..."

"I know. Tough luck, we have similar minds. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges. Pleasure to work with you again this evening," she smiled, still a sprinkle of disappointment in her voice.

Arizona bit her lip and said, "Yeah. I'm glad you're nice and, considerate I guess?" She smiled at the last bit hoping to earn a happy and relieved giggle from the taller woman.

And she did.

Carina tucked her hair behind her ear, "I know we should be working but why'd you leave? I don't think I caught your answer."

Arizona looked away for a second and thought, "Maybe because something happened with someone before our date. I just couldn't bring energy from that.. event to our date."

Carina nodded gesturing she understood. The blond was relieved.

They started walking towards the pediatric ward, and then Carina's mouth opened suddenly.

"It's Dr. Grey isn't it?"

Surprised, Arizona opened her mouth to answer. But nothing came up.

Sheepishly, Carina giggled to herself, eyes and face dead on the floor. 

"It's alright. You must be shocked to know that I know." she laughed. "I get it. She's pretty and she's aaaall that. She's Dr. Meredith Grey."

Arizona tried to say, "Carina," 

"No. It's all good. We're good. I understand, really. Just know that if it doesn't work out with her, I'll always be here waiting for you." she smiled, charming the blond doctor.

Carina was still in the game and she's glad this opportunity came up or she would not have realized.

"Don't do that to yourself. You're obviously just as gorgeous as Mer! All women are pretty! So get yourself a better love interest than Jerk-Robbins here, jeez," Arizona managed to joke.

"Whatever, Dr. Robbins. You have my number still so don't be shy to use it in the future." she winked at Arizona. Then she grabbed the blonde's arms to walk towards the peds ward as Arizona was still stunned.

Cute. Carina thought.