Chapter 22 - What the Fuck

"Mom, is mommy going back to Seattle already?" Sofia asked, wrapped in her bed.

"No, Sof. Mommy won't go until you're discharged. She'll come here everyday until you're okay."

"Really?" Sofia brightened. "What about Dr. Grey? Oh! And where will they be staying, mom?"

That, Callie didn't know. She figured both blonds booked a hotel for a few nights.

"I don't know but I'm sure they planned a place to stay." Callie smiled beside her daughter.

"Can't they stay at our house?" the little girl asks hopeful.

Callie sighed, smiling sadly, "I don't think mommy would want that."

"Aw," 

"I heard you and Callie from Sofia's room, good thing I made her fall back into sleep or she could have heard."

"I'm sorry about that. I told Callie about the car crash is all." Arizona said, sitting on the bed.

Meredith turned around, shocked. She hurried over to the blonde's side, "Hey, hey, are we good? Do you need anything? "

Arizona shook her head slightly as a response.

"Anything like a fight between you two?"

"Mm, maybe a little quarrel because I didn't tell her about it sooner."

Meredith nodded understanding Callie's side.

"I get it. I would be disappointed too," she said honestly. "But I get your side too."

Arizona sighed, "I just... if she's furious about the crash already, I wonder how much more mad she'll get if she finds out we're together."

"Hm, let's not worry about that for now okay? This is all a lot of stress for you already."

Arizona smirked at the other blond, "You're always looking after me. God, I am so lucky. But you know what might cheer me up?"

Meredith giggled to that, "Don't start, Robbins, we won't do it until we're back in Seattle." 

Arizona faked a whine and flopped on the bed. "You're no fun," she joked.

"I am all fun. Just not now," Meredith said before sitting up. "I'll get us take-out from the café across the street. Anything you want?"

"Nope, I'm coming with!" Arizona said, not in a slump anymore. 

"Fine but wear a coat."

"Mom, can I have brownies?" Sofia asked once her mom once done with a shift. 

Callie walked over to Sofia, holding in a sigh from overworking. 

"Of course, Sof. Mom will be right back, anything else?"

Sofia smiled, shaking her head.

Callie changed in the locker room, and while it was crowded, nobody talked to her and she didn't talk to talk to anybody. The ortho surgeon has been in the hospital for quite some time, enough time to make friends, but she didn't get any.

Penny though, she has a lot of those. So much that she barely spends time with her girlfriend, Callie. And that's why she's not here to help Callie with Sofia too, the surgeon was out-of-town with her friends.

Callie finally breathed out the sigh. Her life was not the best right now... and if she could, she would rather go back to Seattle. 

No. Stop thinking about it.

She put on a scarf and other layers of clothing over her, before leaving the lockers. 

She tried not to drift to far away to the hospital, so she settled for the café nearby. It was one of Sofia's favorite. Her favorite too, because there were not many bars near the hospital, unlike Joe's in Seattle.

Oh how I wish that place.

No, no, no.

She swung the door open and in one of the corner-tables, was Meredith and Arizona. Laughing and dining. 

Oh shit.

Callie made her to the counter quickly, hoping they wouldn't notice. 

"Hello, Ma'am! Brownies and black coffee again?" the regular employee said, tying her hair up.

That must be one of the reasons she loved this place too. The female bartender already knew her order every single time.

"Uh yeah." she said without pulling a smile.

"Show me some teeth or I won't get you that sugar-less coffee." the employee joked. 

Callie chuckled lightly. 

"There it is! Alrighty, let me just put it into a bag, and viola. Enjoy." she smiled handing the paper-bag to Callie. 

The ortho surgeon was about to leave the glass door feeling a little better, then she spared Meredith and Arizona one last glance.

Oh.

Their hands.

Resting on the table.

One over the other.

"What the fuck?" Callie muttered.