III.

-four years after human transcendence-

Quiet chatter floated through the house as Avery Blake paced around in one of the bedrooms, quietly humming a song her mother used to sing to her and her twin brother when they were children. 

The newest bundle of life laid in her arms, snuggling toward Avery's chest as he slowly drifted off. 

Bellamy and Avery's newest child was possibly one of the easiest babies in history. He slept when they needed to, ate when they needed him to and barely made a sound unless it was a coo of happiness. 

He reminded Avery a lot of her twin brother. Good natured and easy going. 

More than his personality, her little son favoured her more in looks than her daughter did. While Eden looked exactly like her father- freckles, curly hair and all- the new baby looked like a Collins. Specifically, he looked like Finn. 

That made his name all the more fitting. 

Oliver Finn Blake. 

Avery had always known she wanted to name one of her children after her brother. He had been the most important person in her life. She wanted to ensure his legacy- the good parts of it- lived on. 

She and Bellamy were terrified before their second child was born. How could they love something more than they already loved Eden? But they soon discovered that they didn't need to make room in their hearts, but that their capacity for love simply grew. 

When Oliver was finally asleep, Avery gently pulled him away from her chest and softly laid him in his crib. She paused for a moment, smiling over her sleeping baby before turning and quietly making her way out of his nursery. 

As she neared the next room, she could hear Bellamy's voice as he lightly spoke to Eden. With a small smile already on her face, Avery peeked into the room to see Bellamy and Eden laying in bed next to one another, Bellamy telling Eden a story as the little girl rested her head on her father's chest. 

Avery's heart melted in that moment- just like it did every time she watched the two of them interact. 

Upon Avery's arrival, Bellamy looked up at her and gave his wife a small grin. "Hey, babe."

Smiling, Avery motioned for Bellamy to move over before she slid into bed next to him, causing Eden to reach across for her mother. Bellamy took the clue and lifted Eden up so she was in the middle of her parents, allowing her to be close to both of them. 

"Ollie's asleep." Avery announced, lightly brushing her hand through Eden's curls. "Which means you're next little one."

Eden pulled a face before looking up at her mom. "Daddy was telling me a story." she declared. "About space."

With her face lighting up in exaggerated surprise, Avery's eyes flickered to her husband's. "Was he?"

She wasn't sure if Bellamy's story was about their time on the Ark in their respective childhoods, or the time they spent together on the Ring, either way she was happy they could share the stories of their lives with their little girl. 

"I want you to tell me a story now." Eden pleaded, her big brown eyes fixed on Avery. "About Uncle Finn."

Avery's heart clenched slightly at her daughter's words. She and Bellamy had talked a lot about Finn, wanting Eden to know who her uncle was even if she never got to meet him. 

"Okay." Avery hummed, her eyes meeting with Bellamy's as she continued lightly raking her hand through Eden's hair. "Have I ever told you about the time Uncle Finn saved your daddy's life?"