13. Detention

As soon as my chemistry teacher finished giving us the instructions for our homework she dismissed the class. Exiting the room I zipped my backpack and made my way to my locker.

At the end of the hallway I found a still really sleepy looking Jordan rubbing his eyes. Forgetting about my locker I made my way to him. I thought he would stay sleeping in the library.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as soon as I reached him. He looked at me with his tired eyes and I couldn't help but feel worried, he looked like he hadn't sleep for days.

"Mmh I'm attending classes?" He said as if it was something obvious. Since when does he even attends classes.

"I thought you would stay in the library."

"I couldn't fall asleep." He said rubbing his eyes again and even though I had no other option at the moment, I felt guilty for waking him up. I know a little too well that horrible feeling of not being able to fall asleep, I know the desperation.

"Jordan just go home and sleep, you clearly need it." I suggested not trying to sound desperate, but I was getting anxious seeing him like this. He always looked somehow tired but today he looks different, even sick maybe.

"I won't sleep even if I go home." He said in a serious tone, making me understand he wasn't lying. He was having trouble sleeping, there wasn't a doubt, but the question here is why.

"Jordan, um you know you can always talk to me, I won't judge." I said with uncertainty in my voice. I meant every word I said but I was scared I was making him uncomfortable because maybe he didn't wanted to talk about it at all.

"Adira, is ok. Don't worry about me." He said as if it was easy. Am I exaggerating? Probably. But someone not sleeping correctly is something we should worry about, because it always happens for a reason, although sometimes those reasons are unknown for our own self. I wish someone would have noticed that back then when I was going through a rough phase, but no one ever did.

I truly didn't want to remember the past, those memories made me sick to my stomach, so I just dismissed those thoughts. Jordan doesn't have to talk about it to me if he doesn't want to, so I guess I should just let him be.

"Fine, but promise you will try to get some good sleep later?" I asked stretching my pinky finger to him.

"Yes mom." He said interlocking our pinky fingers while rolling his eyes playfully.

.

When all the classes of the day were over I went to the detention classroom, the classroom was lonely, probably because there were 5 minutes missing till detention starts.

I was glad when I saw my art teacher at the front of the classroom, she has always been chill and nice.

"Pumpkin?" I turned around to face the voice coming from the classroom entrance.

"What are you doing here? You are a rebel now?" Roman said with surprise in his eyes. "Wait, is this our fault? Oh my gosh, we are such a bad influence." He continued, looking disappointed in himself for some reason.

"Relax Roman, I'm here for waking up Jordan, nothing else." He sighed and hugged me. I swear this guy is so unpredictable, his actions and words never fail to surprise me, but they bring so much joy to my life. I'm lucky to have him as a friend.

"You got me scared for a sec, I thought we created a monster." He said breaking our hug, and if I'm being honest, his hugs are so genuine and random.

Soon after, about 7 people joined the class, including Jordan and Blake.

"Why is the whole squad here? I know about Blake but what the hell is Jordan doing here? I'm surprised he showed up." Roman said looking at me as if I knew everything.