Please don't save me (KiriBaku) 🥀

Prompt by: PuffBall1230

It started with small things, his smile didn't quite reach the eyes, his voice lacked the usual enthusiasm.

Naturally you wouldn't see this a a big deal so it was shrugged off, but soon it started to get worse.

He no longer touched up his roots or even bothered to spike his hair. He barely even remembered to eat breakfast. He wouldn't greet his best friend with his signature smile, he'd give his a forced smile which cracked nearly instantly.

Kirishima was drowning and nobody was close enough to save him.

Class ended for another day, he packed up his bags and was the first to leave the classroom. The Bakusquad with the exception of Bakugo had stopped bothering with him after he distanced himself from them.

'It'll be easier for them in the end, it will hurt less'

Students were crowding the corridors ready for lunch and Kirishima fought past them to hide out in his dorm, he made his way up and sat on his bed staring straight at the mirror propped against the wall, he could barely recognise himself.

As the weeks go by he missed more and more class, there was a stack of notes on his desk left by the Ash blonde so he could catch up, he wasn't interested in being a hero anymore he just didn't care.

Bakugo had been coming to Kiri's dorm more frequently, inviting him to do things and go on hikes "Sorry man, not feeling like it today" was the response he got.

Kirishima wondered what his classmates thought of him, whether they laughed at how weak he was or whether they forgot about him completely. After all most of the class has stopped engaging in any interaction with the red head.

He didn't feel like anything these days, he didn't want to get up, so he didn't. He missed class altogether, he never came for food and he only drank water bottles Bakugo would put outside his dorm.

~

Bakugo was stuck, he wasn't good with this stuff. He watched as his closest friend drifted away from everyone, the bakusquad, the class and from the person he was. Bakugo barely recognised him anymore, he had lost all the light he raidiated so much.

He wanted more than anything for things to go back to how they were but Kirishima was slipping through his grip and he didn't know what to do.

He tried to weeks to get the red head to leave his bed but he got rejected time and time again, he'd sit with the boy and tell him things that happened in class never getting a response.

Maybe that's why he jumped at the chance to go for a evening walk when the red head asked him.

~

Kirishima made his mind up, it wasn't hard after all. He wanted to spend one last night with the most important person in his life:
Bakugo katsuki

Of course when he suggested the hike the ash blonde was quick to accept.

The walk was nice, he led them both to a cliff where they sat for hours "Bakugo, you are so important to me. You have so much potential to be an amazing hero one day" Kirishima looked at his best friend shooting him a sad smile

"What's with the soppy shite, but so will you dumb hair" He smiled back

Kirishima stares over the cliff his heart racing "Hey Baku?"

The other boy looked up "Yeah"

His face flushed "I didn't want to tell you because it'll cause you more pain but I can't not say it. I love you, you are the only part of me that I love"

Bakugo should've realised what was happening but he only heard what he wanted to hear, those 3 special words

"I love you too, I always will"

Bakugo got up and held out his hand "I'm tired I'm going to walk back to the dorms" Kirishima  pushed his hand down

"I'm going to stay for a bit" Bakugo nodded "Goodbye Baku"

"goodnight kiri"

As Bakugo walked away his heart sunk further and further

Kirishima stood up and walked over to the edge of the cliff

He started replaying the conversation and everything kirishima had said to him

He took a deep breath

"Goodbye Baku" it clicked and Bakugo ran faster than he had ever ran before

And he jumped

Bakugo got to the cliff expecting to see his best friend but he was met with nothing "no" he whispered running to the edge.

He was hit with everything at once, he realised way too late just how damaged Kirishima was, if he'd realised sooner, the red head may have been alive.

He was escorted away but the pros, he couldn't think straight

YOUNG HERO COURSE STUDENT EJIRO KIRISHIMA AGED 16 COMMITED SUICIDE LAST NIGHT

Bakugo slept in Kiri's room for days, a life without Kiri in it was too hard for him. He couldn't do it. Kirishima was the only person who treasured him.

Soon he followed down the same path
The exact path

YOUNG HERO COURSE STUDENT KATSUKI BAKUGO COMMITTED SUICIDE LAST NIGHT FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF HIS CLOSE FRIEND