XX

As evening set in the area were turned on the charming little lights that hung from the poles supporting the canopies. The lights could also be seen on some of the trees that grew near the carpets that led from one guest sector to another. The orchestra played all sorts of tunes and the singers sang all sorts of songs. The guests drank, played, danced, sang and strolled around admiring the beautiful pink and white orchard of the Von Rostov family. Being already under the influence of alcohol, I began to forget how overwhelming the atmosphere was for me not so long ago. I was just sitting under one of the flowering trees in the company of Margaret and we were talking about old times. We were holding drinks in our hands, sipping them and generally having a nice time. I must admit that the company of my cousin put me in a good mood, which I had not quite expected. Apparently, the girl had matured to the fact that getting angry with each other because of some old quarrels did not make any sense. At that moment a thought crossed my mind that maybe if I decided to visit Desmont in the USA one day, I could see Margaret again. Really, I'm absolutely serious, this girl has improved my mood to a great extent today. Unfortunately, however, this did not mean that I forgot about Aurelia and Kevin. The former I saw several times strolling among the wedding guests in search of alcohol. I knew that she had found a secluded spot somewhere in the orchard, where she did not have to converse with anyone and could peacefully indulge in the consumption of alcoholic products. I knew that sooner or later I would try to find her and just see if she was okay. Of course, I hoped that Kevin had long since gotten ahead of my plans as long as Andy let him. I saw them a few times in the crowd as well. It was impossible not to notice that Kevin had also decided to drink a lot more tonight than the boy was in the habit of. As for Andy, I didn't know what his plans were. If they were distributing coffee with alcohol in it, my opponent would surely drink the whole lot of it.

- Do you remember Rick? - Margaret asked me, thus snapping me out of my momentary reverie.

- Are you asking if I remember? - I laughed out loud. - Rick had brought me to the first erection of my life just by looking at me.

- So you remember him well. - Margaret giggled. - You'll never guess what happened to him.

- Knowing Rick, the boy probably made a ton of babies with random girls.

- Well, no! - Replied the teenager, pleased that I had not guessed. - Rick got married and is now expecting a baby.

- Really? - I opened my eyes wide, which Margaret nodded affirmatively. - Well, look who's to say.

Rick was never important to me in my life. He was simply a neighbor who lived near Margaret's apartment and her family. But I couldn't forget him. I would stare at him whenever I passed him in the hallway. What characterized him? A deadly sexy look that brought all the girls to orgasm. Thinking about it, I smiled under my breath. People do change though, and for the better.

- And you Margaret, do you have someone? - I asked her while sipping my drink.

- As it happens, I have. - She replied with satisfaction and continued. - His name is Edwin. He's my age, he's funny, he's sweet, he's caring... - My cousin looked up at the sky, which was already beginning to show the glow of the first stars. She took a deep breath and looked at me with a smile. - And you have someone Max?

In fact, it was a good question. To make her realize that the matter was not so simple I raised my glass in her direction and finished my drink. This, however, did not satisfy her and she wanted at all costs for me to let her in on the secret.

- I don't officially have one. - I answered truthfully. - It's not that simple.

- Is it because you two officially became brothers today? - Said Margaret staring at me with her sparkling eyes.