XXI

Luna was suffering from cancer. It was no longer possible to hide it, the truth finally came out. It turned out that by the end of the next week, she was to begin some sort of innovative treatment. She explained to us that the drug and specialized equipment was being imported from the United States. Even so, the doctors' prognosis was not optimistic. When she confessed this to her family, everyone literally froze. Willow didn't want to ruin her brother's wedding reception. She withheld this information until all the wedding guests had left the property of the Von Rostov house. The only optimistic news in this tragic event was that Luna nevertheless decided to seek treatment even though, as she herself said, the chances of her recovery were less than... that she would die.

Kevin, hearing this, confiscated all the packs of cigarettes the wolf girl had in her possession. Now everyone in the house would monitor her to make sure the fashion designer never reached for a cigarette again. I wasn't a doctor, I didn't know what the chances of recovery were in her current state. I didn't know if denying her access to her addiction made any sense at this stage. What I did know, however, was that it certainly wouldn't hurt her. Luna, of course, demanded that she not be treated as if she were sick. That the family should treat the situation as if nothing had happened and just let her live. However, it was difficult to accept her approach to her illness.

All of this has been worst experienced by Aurelia. The teenager has recently faced a lot of unimaginably difficult things. Arthur turned out to really be a pedophile. Even worse, he was a pedophile who had abused his own daughter. He turned out to be a father who raped his own child. An unwitting and innocent child. When this information finally settled in my head for good, I felt sick myself. To make matters worse, Aurelia realized that she had lived practically her entire life in hatred of her mother, who, out of love for her, had allowed herself to take on all of her daughter's hatred and misunderstanding just to keep her safe. Luna Von Rostov allowed Aurelia to create the myth that her father Arthur was a good person, a loving person, and the best parent Aurelia could ever have. As the teen discovered the truth, she faced the specter of losing another parent. It was too much for her. Luna immediately decided to enroll her daughter in meetings with a psychologist, which were to take place immediately. Aurelia protested, of course, but her mother's word was final. I agreed with this decision. Aurelia should start pouring out her pains and regrets to someone who could help her. She may not see the need for it now, but her living situation was overwhelming to say the least, and she needed to be helped.

In addition, Gregory insisted that Luna go to Karkarom later today, to a specialist who would examine her thoroughly. Luna yielded to her brother's wishes, so Buck had to drive her. Everyone, of course, forgot that I was supposed to be in Elderlorn today, to meet with Prince Malcolm. I said nothing, however, for Luna and Aurelia's health were much, much more serious matters than some silly dinner with some prince. A situation arose, however, in which I did not know what to do. Kevin and Catleyn were just driving my family from the US to the airport, Gregory was on his way to the psychologist with Aurelia and Luna was traveling with Buck towards Karkarom. Everything was happening so fast that I did not have time to arrange any means of transportation to Elderlorn.

It was nine o'clock in the morning. I was sitting in one of the lounges in the Von Rostov villa, holding a cup of tea in my hands. I wondered if maybe Bobby had a driver's license and could at least drive me to Kosevo. Maybe from there I could get a train to meet the prince? Or should I give up this dinner altogether?

 Maybe from there I could get a train to meet the prince? Or should I give up this dinner altogether?