Day 0

IM UPDATING THIS WOW EVEN THO NO ONE CAREs and I blame that on myself because I take so long to update so I don't blame people for ditching this story lol I'm a failure

I had to reread this whole story to write this wow that just shows how long I haven't updated

But yeah sorry if this sucks ..

(Oh and to the person who I was gonna put ur fanart at the top I lost our kik conversation bc my kik reset and I forgot ur username ugh)

------------------------------------------

"So you're saying my dream...is actually going to happen?"

Luke nodded.

"And at midnight tomorrow, Death is going to try to take my soul?"

Luke nodded again, this time patting Ashton's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, we'll find a way out of this." He didn't look so sure.

Ashton sat there, taking everything in. He doubted Luke's comforting words; how could they get out of this? If he didn't know angels actually existed, he probably would've thought Luke was talking bullshit.

But, it was just a nightmare. Wasn't it?

"If this is some sort of joke, then you have a terrible sense of humor." Ashton cut into the silence, arms crossed. He couldn't believe any of this, it was impossible. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Ashton quizzically (with a hint of sympathy over Ashton's obvious denial).

"I'm not joking, Ash."

"B-but--this makes no sense!" He felt his heart begin to beat rapidly, Luke wasn't joking. He tugged at his hair, letting out a groan. "This shouldn't be possible, but it is, oh god." Ashton rambled, shaking his head. Luke wrapped an arm around the boy, squeezing his shoulder gently.

"Don't stress about it. I--Calum and I will get you out of this, okay? Don't give up yet," Ashton sighed, letting himself believe Luke's words. He breathed slower and shifted closer to the angel, appreciating the comfort (even if it was in vain). Luke brought Ashton closer to his side in response, letting out a sigh.

Luke was surprisingly calm; he was so used to the thought of Ashton's inevitable visit with Death that he was sure they could think of something.

Maybe.

---

It's today.

Luke didn't get any sleep (he didn't really need it) and wished he made Ashton stay the night. The boy insisted he left, worried about his devil cat and not wanting to be a burden. Ashton was never a burden, but he always felt like he was. How could he be? Ashton was the only person Luke loved enough to bend the rules.

Of course, that seemed to have backfired.

"Hey," Calum said carefully that morning, weary of Luke's moody outbursts he had at home. It was all with reason; he was stressed out, being so close to finally being able to love the one person he fell for (literally).

Luke looked away from the tv and at his friend.

"I can't stop thinking about it." He murmured, eyes starting to shine. Calum knew exactly what Luke was talking about. "What if I can't save him? I can't--I can't lose him, I just got him!" Calum swore he saw Luke's bottom lip tremble, and it scared him. Luke never got this upset.

Calum heaved a sigh, knowing this was torturing him. He walked over and plopped down next to his friend, who had his head buried in his hands.

"Look, Luke..." He trailed off, not knowing what exactly to say. "Do you want me to tell you what I think? The truth?" Luke raised his head and looked at Calum, eyes watery. He slowly nodded, bracing himself for the cold truth he'd been trying to avoid this whole time.