Stained Glass Eyes And Colorful Tears

"Maybe I'll pretend right now
But I swear to God
I'm gonna change the world

And I promise you
Someday we'll tell ourselves
"Oh my God, this is paradise"

~ Stained Glass Eyes And Colorful Tears by Pierce the Veil

******************************

Ashton wasn't sure if he should be terrified, embarrassed, happy or confused.

Because he saw the blue eyed boy every single day, whether it be in a coffee shop or on the street.

But they haven't even said a word to each other, and Ashton desperately wanted to change that. But...

Ashton was shy. He was also a bit self-conscious, so that didn't help either.

And he was awkward. And quiet.

And now he wasn't even sure if he wanted to talk to the mysterious boy anymore.

Ashton was currently living off the money he had brought with him, but he had thankfully found a video shop close by that he applied for. It'd be saddening if he didn't get the job, since he was sure no one else applied for it but him.

And Ashton decided he couldn't stay inside the confines of his hotel room any longer, or else he would go insane.

---

Walking with no destination, Ashton let out a puff of air, smiling to himself when it looked like a small cloud had formed right in front of him.

And that's another reason why Ashton loved cold weather; you can see your own breath and it was calming in a way.

Hands in his pockets, he stuck to the sidewalk and found himself roaming quieter streets, barely a person in sight.

Where the fuck was he?

And suddenly, Ashton almost let out a noise in fear when the silence was broken, broken by a-

A meow?

Ashton turned around, and there it was.

A cat staring back up at him intently from where it sat at the opening of an alley way. It was a stray cat - skinny with wide, shiny green eyes and all black fur. There were no signs of it having an owner.

People say that black cats are bad luck, but Ashton didn't believe in that superstitious shit. And Ashton didn't even like cats very much, so he just decided to keep on walking.

Meow!

To Ashton's dismay, he stopped and turned around, seeing that the cat had actually followed him. What the hell did it want from him?

"Shoo, go away!" Ashton gestured frantically for the cat to leave him alone, but it just stood there.

But Ashton felt something in his heart, and he looked back down at the black cat.

It looked like it needed a home, and it's round, shiny and mesmerizing eyes bored into Ashton's.

He sighed softly, knowing that he couldn't just leave the poor thing.

"Alright, fine. I hope the hotel accepts cats." Ashton chuckled, leaning down and opening his arms for the cat to climb into. He didn't want to just pick it up, what if it scratched him or something?

Surprisingly, the cat didn't hesitate as it curled into Ashton's arms.

"You're probably the only cat I'll ever like." Ashton chuckled to himself as he began to walk back from where he came, and he couldn't help but stare down at the black cat on his chest.

"You kind of remind me of someone..." Ashton couldn't quite put his finger on it. But there was something about the green eyes and the way it was stubborn and followed him, and he-

Michael.

Tears flooded Ashton's eyes as he stared down at the cat, suddenly stopping on the sidewalk that thankfully wasn't crowded with people.

"You remind me of my friend. His name's Michael. Or, it was. Y'know...he didn't - he passed away about a year ago. I didn't know that Michael was so sad, he didn't even tell me anything secretive like that. But I should've picked up on the s-signs, right?" He felt so weak for crying, but he really missed his best friend.

Ashton continued,

"He was a great friend. I knew him since kindergarten. Things were so much simpler then...I-I know I seem crazy for talking to you, a cat, but I just- I'm sorry." He pat the cat's head, smiling when it purred in response.
"Is the name Michael okay?"

The cat looked up at him, as if in approval.

"Okay, Michael it is then."
---------------------------------------------
Sorry this was so short and nothing really happened since there was no lashton but I don't want to rush it haha

Yeah idk comments and votes are appreciated ily guys :-)