Disasterology

Hellooo I watched the fault in our stars again a few days ago and I still didn't cry...I guess I don't have a soul or something

--------------------------------------------

"Can we create something beautiful and destroy it?

Nobody knows I dream about it, this is my imagination.

If every living thing dies alone,

what am I doing here?"

~ Disasterology by Pierce the Veil

*********************************

Soon after Ashton walked into the door, he sighed and set down the new cat bowls he had gotten at some pet store nearby. Carefully, he set down Michael and bit his lip in thought.

"You must be hungry, right?" Ashton knew he was pretty much talking to himself, but he had been doing that ever since he picked up that damn cat.

Michael proceeded to rub his cat fur all over Ashton's legs, making the boy furrow his eyebrows.

"You're annoying."

Ashton eventually poured cat food into one of the bowls and water into the other.

The black cat ate alarmingly fast, making Ashton worry that it'll choke.

"You're just like Michael, maybe this is you in a second life, huh?" Ashton chuckled to himself, patting the cats back. The cat hissed in response, taking possession of the food that was still in the bowl.

Yep, definitely Michael, Ashton thought in amusement.

"If you can actually understand me, then I'd just like to say I prefer you as a cat anyway."

----

Ashton ended up getting the job at the video store, thank god.

He didn't plan on staying in a hotel forever, and he wasn't sure how much longer he could deal with loud people occasionally going through the halls with their heavy suitcases.

And apparently someone else might be working the same shift as him starting tomorrow, Calum was his name? Or was it Calvin? Or Caleb? Ashton had no idea but he was hoping this guy wouldn't end up being a jerk.

Ashton flopped down on his bed, feeling stressed out as Michael curled up near his feet.

He had this feeling that would never go away, and it was regarding the blonde boy.

And Ashton always went for a walk to clear his head when this happened, so he trusted Michael to not destroy anything while he was gone and left the hotel room with his jacket half on, shakily breathing in and out and in and out-

Ashton was on the verge of a panic attack because he was thinking about that boy again and he knew how bad it could get because he suffers from bad anxiety and he just needed to focus on his breathing and he began to calm down as he left the building, the chilly air soothing his mind.

Okay. You're okay.

He took a slow intake of breath, strolling along the sidewalk. Nothing particular seemed to be happening, until he reached the city park and there was a small crowd around someone, or at least that's what he figured.

Ashton shivered from a gust of cold wind and picked up the pace, crossing the street to get to the crowd. What was going on?

"And they say, she's in the class a team,-"

Holy shit.

The sweetest singing voice he had ever heard flowed through the air around him, and Ashton's jaw couldn't help but drop.

"Stuck in her daydream, been this way since eighteen, but lately,-"

Ashton tried to get a look at the person who was singing, but a few people were blocking him. He didn't want to be rude and push, so he just simply listened until the song ended.

The crowd erupted in applause, and thankfully began to disperse. And when everyone finally left, Ashton stood there in shock as the blue eyed boy sat there with his guitar.

He can sing, too? What the hell isn't perfect about this boy?

Ashton felt as if he couldn't move his feet as the blonde boy finally noticed he was still there. The boy smirked and winked, and Ashton felt really really really dumb as he approached the boy and stuttered out,

"Y-Your voice is amazing." The blonde boy had to lean forward a bit to hear Ashton's soft voice, but he smiled bashfully once he understood what Ashton said.

"Thank you, that means a lot." Ashton hoped the boy couldn't hear his hammering heart, because fuck even his voice is hot and deep and Ashton had no idea how to even coherently form a sentence.

The boy looked down at his watch and frowned. "I've got to go, but it was nice talking to you." He got up to leave, and Ashton suddenly burst out,

"Wait! I-I mean...what's your name?" The blonde boy blinked in surprise from the sudden outburst.

"I'm Luke. You're As- I mean w-what's your name?" Ashton was on the verge of screaming because even his name was hot and wait-

Did Luke just almost say his name before he even introduced himself?

"Uh, I'm Ashton." They both stood there, just staring at each other and it was all so awkward and strange.

"Well, Ashton, I hope I'll see you around." Luke smiled, picking up his guitar case.

"Yeah." Ashton blushed like a twelve year old girl talking to her crush and he just wanted to disappear but Luke was gone before he could even bat an eyelash.

Ashton looked all around him, but Luke was no where in sight.

"Maybe he's a fast runner?" Ashton mused to himself quietly.

But Ashton wasn't so sure, because Luke was mysterious and weird but Ashton couldn't stay away.

He needed to know more about the blue eyed boy.

--------------------------------------------

Does anyone even know what's going on in this story because I don't either hahahaha

Jk I do but I ain't telling any of y'all because it'll ruin the mysterious vibe ya feel me ~Hannah