Falling Asleep On A Stranger

Hellooo! I always introduce myself whenever I start a new story idk why but I'm Hannah haha and basically all of the chapters will be named after songs (maybe just pierce the veil songs) IDK BUT PTV IS LIFE AND THEIR LYRICS R SO INSPIRING TO ME and as some of u know I named the story after one of their songs and yeah

I'm basically winging it with this but I hope people enjoy this story! And unlike my other fanfics this will be in 3rd person POV but it'll mainly be focused on Ashton so yeah bye
----------------------------------------------

"To the end, never leave
Fall asleep on the first I face
And they say play the game
You and me found love
Lost under the shade."

~ Falling Asleep On A Stranger by Pierce the Veil

******************************

Ashton felt completely alone that night, wave after wave of bad thoughts taking over his mind.

He just wondered-

Why did his mom even bother to use the excuse "you're too old to live at home anymore," when everyone knew, Ashton's younger brother, Harry, even knew that was bullshit.

She just needed an excuse to get rid of Ashton because he had come out as gay to them a few weeks before.

Ashton would rather have his mom be honest with him, hate him for being different, than this sick sugar-coated lie.

Well, maybe it was partly true. Ashton was rather annoying and some people would say he's chirpy, so to have his mother deal with that for 20 years seemed unbearable.

Oh. How shocking- he was letting his inner fear and anger and depression and deep rooted hatred for himself flow in the form of thoughts, most leaving a sharp pain in his heart as he miserably tried to sleep.

He had been getting barely any sleep ever since he found out he was gay- so, for about roughly four years Ashton's been confused and he still hates himself for being different.

Why couldn't he like girls like every other guy? Why couldn't he be attracted to perfume and sticky lip gloss and, well, boobs?

Ashton shuddered at the thought.

The hotel room he was currently staying at was dead quiet. The room was pitch black, and Ashton swore he could see things that shouldn't be there as he squinted through the dark.

And that was honestly frightening to him, Ashton never liked the dark. He hated it, in fact, more than he hated himself and his mother.

...and that was quite a lot.

So he proceeded to shield himself from the demons and monsters with a blanket as he snuggled himself into the hotel bed, annoyed with how much noise he was making and the fact that he just couldn't get comfortable.

And he dreamed of the blue eyed boy.

---

Ashton was constantly plagued with worry the next day- he needed to get a job, but he had no idea how to get around New York.

And- that's it.

He quickly got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a dark blue sweater, and then Ashton remembered it was nearing December.

So he put on a coat, knowing New York was cold around this time of year.

Ashton slipped his wallet and phone in his coat pockets, smiling once he looked out the window and saw it was lightly snowing.

He loved winter- the whole feeling of it was just cosy and reminded him of when he was a kid and he drank hot chocolate everyday and did extra chores around the house so Santa wouldn't bring him a lump of coal.

But, Ashton always was tortured by the fact that no one would truly love him and be with him around Christmas time to bake cookies with him or watch Christmas movies with him or cuddle with him when he got cold or kiss him at a time like this, a time where Ashton felt stupid and emotional.

"God, I'm a wreck." Ashton mumbled to himself, taking a painful intake of breath before finally leaving the hotel.

---

Ashton now stood before the bus stop, occasionally blinking irritatingly when a snowflake landed on his eye.

The streets were always bombarded with people, and the buildings were intimidating and extremely tall, it was all a bit overwhelming and Ashton couldn't help but feel tiny and insignificant in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the cold city.

And finally, the bus shuttered to a complete stop in front of him.

Shyly stepping on to the bus, he-

Froze.

While he was about to go find a seat, his eyes locked with someone else's-

The familiar piercing blue eyes, the blonde hair he caught a mere glimpse of before.

The odds of finding that boy again were against him, but there he was.

The bus suddenly began to move again, snapping Ashton out of his thoughts and making him stumble forward a bit, causing him to receive a few strange looks from the people who weren't sleeping or reading.

Blushing with embarrassment, Ashton quickly sat down, somewhere close enough so that he could stare at the mysterious boy.

And fuck, he was hot.

The boy's blond hair was styled up into a quiff and he was dressed in all black; black skinny jeans, black vans, a black Nirvana shirt, and to top it all off he had a fucking leather jacket.

Ashton couldn't look away as his jaw dropped-

He had a lip piercing.

And multiple tattoos peaked out from where his clothes hid them, and Ashton should've been intimidated but he wasn't.

The boy turned to him, biting his lip once he realized Ashton was staring at him. His eyes danced with amusement as Ashton turned away, obviously flustered.

Ashton could tell the boy was smirking and he really just wanted to melt through the floor in a puddle of embarrassment.

He probably thinks Ashton's a freak now.

The bus hit a bump on the road, making Ashton almost fall out of his seat.

And, of fucking course-

The blonde boy was holding in his laughter, and if he wasn't laughing at Ashton then he would've been thinking about how adorably the blue eyed boy's nose, red from the cold, scrunched up.

The bus lurched again, this time coming to a complete stop.

A few people got up, and to Ashton's disappointment, the blonde boy got up as well.

But the boy turned around before he got off the bus. Their eyes immediately locked, and Ashton's heart skipped a beat as the boy winked cheekily and waved before he stepped off.

And as Ashton looked at the window and stared at the mysterious boy, a truck drove in his line of view. After the cars cleared out from where the blue eyed boy was, he wasn't there.

The only coherent thought Ashton could form was,

Did that actually just fucking happen?
----------------------------------------
I actually have no idea where that came from but idk maybe expect an update soon but I suck at updating all my stories and yeah!!!

Predictions?

What do y'all think of Luke? He seems like a shady ass bitch tbh ~Hannah