Props & Mayhem

I still can't believe Michael is 19 nO HE'S ONLY 5 OK this hurts he's my sunshine he makes me so happy I love him

FUCK I JUST REALIZED IN THE LAST CHAPTER I PUT IN SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE FOR ONE OF MY OTHER STORIES AND NOT THIS ONE WHAT THE HECK what ever I'm just ugh I'll fix it fUck
--------------------------------------------

"Does it even make a difference?
When I'm sober, I feel pain

As we run under the stars
Through cemetery backyards (backyards)

Celebrate the way the night hides scars."

~ Props & Mayhem by Pierce the Veil

*********************************

"How'd you even get here?" Ashton's quiet voice was barely heard over the gust of night air blowing around Luke's ears.

He knew the boy was referring to how he got to the field in the first place, making Luke furrow his eyebrows as they walked along the sidewalk. Luke promised to take Ashton somewhere, and he had the perfect idea in his mind.

"I...walked?"

"You don't sound so sure," Ashton pointed out, making Luke sigh and slow to a stop. He looked around, huffing when he saw people nearby.

Luke then tugged Ashton into a slightly narrow space in between two buildings, making the smaller boy let out a squeak.

"What the fu-" Luke quickly shushed him, clamping a hand over Ashton's mouth, who was backing up against the brick wall.

"Do you really want to know?"

"I don't know what I want to know," Ashton rambled once Luke removed his hand from his mouth, eyes wide in fear.

"God, Ashton, I'm not going to hurt you," Luke murmured gently. Ashton calmed down a bit, blushing at how close their faces were. "You asked how I got there, and I want to tell you the truth."

"Please tell me you didn't drag me in here just to tell me you don't have car," Luke chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, it's something else," he bit his lip anxiously. "Please promise not to freak out." This made Ashton's heart heat faster,

"I p-promise, I think?" He stuttered.

Luke took that as a yes, and suddenly began to take off his shirt.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" Ashton's voice came out an octave higher than normal as Luke reassured him,

"Calm down, I'm not taking anything else off," Luke smirked at Ashton's red cheeks as he pulled his shirt all the way over his head, allowing himself to show Ashton his 'true form.'

And he knew Ashton could see his wings once his eyes suddenly went wide.

"You-I'm-wha-" Ashton tripped over his words in shock, his eyes rolling into the back of his head as he almost collapsed on the pavement.

"Shit," Luke cursed, steadying Ashton's limp body carefully. He had forgotten that seeing an angel for the first time made all humans pass out.

---

Ashton's eyes fluttered open, frowning at his unfamiliar surroundings. His eyes traveled to the end of his bed, and he almost had a heart attack as he saw Luke sitting there.

Without a shirt.

And he had wings.

"So I wasn't dreaming..." Ashton trailed off as he sat up in the bed, making Luke chuckle. He was sitting with his legs pulled up to his chest, and his wings were large enough to cover his broad shoulders.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot people pass out so easily." Ashton just shrugged, his cheeks red as he tried not to enjoy Luke being shirtless as much as he wanted to.

They sat in silence, Ashton's eyes gazing over Luke's wings. They were black, which was weird, but they were large and breathtaking. He wondered how Luke managed to hide them all this time.

"So, are you an angel or something?"

"Yeah, you could say that." Ashton ignored the side comment,

"Why are your wings black, then? I thought angels had white wings," he didn't give Luke time to respond as he blurted out, "and how can you hide them so well?" he realized how much he must be annoying Luke with all of his childish questions, so he quietly added, "sorry."

Luke's eyes were soft as he gazed at Ashton. "They're black because I'm not in heaven anymore. I'm what you'd call a 'fallen' angel, I guess. My wings are only visible to people who I want to see them." Ashton nodded, having a sudden need to do something.

"Can I...?" He gestured to Luke's wings, making the boy smile.

"Sure," he scooted closer to Ashton, who's cheeks had turned pink as he carefully let his hand touch one of Luke's wings.

A giggle slipped past his mouth as he felt the feathery surface, "They're soft."

Luke eyed Ashton with adoration, but he was holding back information. He didn't feel ready to tell Ashton the complete truth; that he's been watching over Ashton ever since he was born, that he used to be immortal, and that he's been in love with Ashton for more years than he'd ever admit.

------------------------------------------
I'm so sad and lonely right now :c

But I hope u guys liked this chapter, I tried to make it interesting idk ~Hannah