Centuries

THIS CHAPTER ACTUALLY ISNT DEDICATED TO A PTV SONG LIKE USUAL BECAUSE A NEW FALL OUT BOY SONG CALLED CENTURIES CAME OUT RECENTLY AND IM OBSESSED OK???

--------------------------------------------

"Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me, remember me for centuries

And just one mistake

Is all it will take, we'll go down in history

Remember me for centuries."

~ Centuries by Fall Out Boy

*********************************

"Hi, you're...Calum, right?"

Ashton finally made it to his first day of work at the video shop the next day, and it so happened that the other guy got there before him.

Which made it so fucking awkward.

The place was deserted except for the two of them, and Ashton was a failure when it came to making conversation with someone he doesn't know.

The boy looked over at Ashton from where he was sitting behind the counter, smiling slightly,

"Yep, that's my name." Calum bit his lip, smirking from where he had his feet up on the front counter and his arms folded behind his head. "No one ever gets it right the first time, it's always 'Calvin' or 'Caleb' and all that shit. So you seem pretty cool...Ashton, right?"

The dark haired boy seemed to be a bit cocky, but he hasn't said anything rude towards Ashton so he's not too afraid. Plus, his cute facial features and warm brown eyes made him seem more like a harmless puppy.

Calum also looked a bit Asian...but Ashton kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to piss this guy off, since one look at his muscular biceps made him think twice.

"Y-yeah." Ashton managed, making Calum raise his eyebrows.

"Are you shy or something?" That made Ashton blush as he shrugged.

'I'm so fucking awkward why why why,' Ashton thought, internally cringing at himself as he bit his lip. Calum just looked at him strangely, but the boy thankfully changed the subject,

"Well, obviously this place has no business what's so ever. Y'know..." Calum looked around the video shop, smirking. "It's not even like we're working."

Ashton just nodded along, and sat down in a random stool he found in the back room for employees.

Calum continued to perch behind the counter, blabbering on about something. Ashton's thoughts about the mysterious boy, Luke, made Calum's voice a mere background noise.

Everything about that boy was perfect, yet Ashton was also a tad freaked out by how weird Luke seemed.

It's like...it's like he's not even human.

Not because he was too attractive and talented to be human. Actually, that's not true once Ashton thought about it. No one is that good looking and talented and has a seemingly good personality. That's just...too perfect.

But there was something else that made Luke seem unreal, besides looks and talents.

He just seemed to be really good at disappearing, and fast might he add. It was almost like it was all out of a movie, like how when they first met, Luke walked off the bus and another bus went in front of Ashton's point of view as Luke began to walk on the sidewalk.

And he...wasn't there after everything cleared up.

Ashton was trying not to dwell on it, but the thought of the blonde boy sent his mind reeling. He just wanted answers, he wanted to get to know Luke, he wanted-

"Hello? Is anybody in there?" With embarrassment, Ashton's cheeks turned red as he looked up at Calum, who was jokingly knocking on Ashton's head. How did he get there? Wasn't he sitting behind the front desk a minute ago?

Damn, he must've really zoned out this time.

"S-sorry I just...I zoned out a bit." Calum looked at him suspiciously, smirking as Ashton's cheeks turned even redder.

"You were thinking of someone, weren't you?" Ashton's eyes widened, and he immediately shook his head.

"N-no! I mean, I was just thinking of my cat. Like if he's okay because I left him at home all alone and u-uh yeah." Ashton internally face palmed at his lame excuse, wishing he could disappear as quickly as Luke seems to be able too.

Calum just shook his head humorously, chuckling a bit and thankfully leaving Ashton alone to go back behind the counter.

And Ashton knew one thing for certain;

Calum was a fucking pain in the neck.

--------------------------------------------

Sorry this was really short but it basically introduced Calum and yeah he's pretty much an asshole in this story because I find that really hot I can't be the only one?!?

And plus I'll make it up to u guys in the next chapter because I'm planning on actual things happening in it and yeah! Since I have school and other stories idk what I'll update this again but I'll try to write as soon as I can :-) ~Hannah