I'm Low On Gas And You Need A Jacket

"And I will soon forget the color of your eyes and you'll forget mine

So keep in happiness
And torture me while I tell you,

"Let's go in style!"

A million hooks around
A million ways to die
Let's go outside
It'll be alright."

~ I'm Low On Gas And You Need A Jacket by Pierce the Veil
***********************************

"Luke?"

Ashton had gone for a walk and stopped to sit in a lonely field of partially dead grass and flowers, feeling the need to clear his head. He would like to say it helps, but the thoughts in his head will never really go away.

But, at that moment, Ashton was only wondering how Luke had found him there.

"Hi." Luke simply replied with a smile, setting himself down on the grass next to Ashton.

Being too shy to say anything else, Ashton began to pluck out blades of grass as they sat in a quiet silence, a chilling breeze making goosebumps rise on Ashton's arms. The thin sleeves of his sweater provided no warmth at all, and he hadn't realized how long he had been there by himself. It had gotten alarmingly late.

"Are you cold?" Luke looked him over with concern as Ashton's cheeks heated in surprise.

"I-um, I'm just," Ashton stuttered, shrugging his shoulders hopelessly to get his message across. He was really regretting not bringing a jacket with him.

He timidly avoided the blonde boy's gaze, suddenly finding his shoes the most fascinating thing in the world.

"I can give you my jacket, if you want," Luke continued, making Ashton's blush intensify. What a cliche situation I've gotten myself into, Ashton thought.

"N-no, I'm fine." His eyes connected with Luke's striking blue ones for a moment, but he immediately turned away in embarrassment. Ashton quickly changed the subject, "How'd you find me here, anyway?"

Luke slightly raised his eyebrows at the subject change, "I don't know, I was just wandering around and you happened to be here." A small smile played on Luke's lips as he shifted closer towards Ashton, making the boy's breath catch in his throat.

"O-oh." He managed, his cheeks taking on a permanent shade of red.

They sat quietly for a few seconds, admiring the setting sun across the horizon. Ashton curled in on himself, crossing his arms over his chest to try to keep warm.

Luke's soft and sensual voice broke the silence, "Do you want me to take you somewhere?" His eyes were fixated ahead, but Ashton stared at Luke with round and shiny eyes.

"I'm-you would?" Ashton choked out, internally face palming for making no sense.

"I know you're cold, so I want to take you somewhere else. If you'd like, I mean."

"W-where would you take me?" Luke turned to Ashton, smiling softly.

"Anywhere you want to go."

And Ashton found himself agreeing, although Luke was practically a stranger. He felt something for the blonde boy that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

And then, a thought crossed Ashton's mind-

It feels as if they've known each other for years.

But why?

-------------------------------------------
UPDATE FINALLLYYYY WOOO
sorry I was busy being a loser y'know it's time consuming okay

IM SO PIERCE THE VEIL AF BYE ~Hannah